Island Princess aft Cabins

HollDoll

Does anyone know if the very aft mini-suites (D725 and D726 on Dophin) have balconies that also face aft? Or if these balconies are any larger than the other minis? Thanks much! While I'm at it, are the Island Princess and Coral both the same for the most part? Thanks much!

Does anyone know if the very aft mini-suites (D725 and D726 on Dophin) have balconies that also face aft? Or if these balconies are any larger than the other minis? Thanks much! While I'm at it, are the Island Princess and Coral both the same for the most part? Thanks much!
They are not larger like the aft mini's on the Grand class ships but have a curved aft portion of the balcony. They are also open to the last Caribe cabin's balcony and the aft viewing deck on the Caribe deck. Check out the website below for more info and photos.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Wow, thanks. That's just what I was looking for. Yhose aft Emerald ones are not minis I see. I definitely want a covered balcony after last year on Golden where on Dolphin they were uncovered and I didn't care for that at all. Can anyone tell me a particular mini or even Vista Suite on the Island that is, for some reason, better than others? Thanks--this board is such a great resource!!

Hi Holl Doll,

We are booked in D725 and from the research I have done, it sounds as if the balcony may actually be a tad smaller due to the curvature (rather than being a full rectangle). That being said, we will have at lease a partial view aft and no neighbors on that side. Hopefully someone with some actual experience in the cabin(s) will be able to give a first hand account.

I am excited for the room, I think it will be an interesting experience.

Erin

On all of our Coral/Island cruises we stay in the fully covered aft mini's on the Dolphin Deck mostly D710, D712 & D714...

Yep, I think those will work for us too - Thanks again!:D

And.....very excited since this will be our first cruise in a mini!;)

• 7 years later...

I realize how old this thread is - but did anyone stay in those two aft cabins (D725 or D726) on the Coral? I'm debating for an Alaskan trip next summer and have read mixed things. Some say there are issues with window washing materials being in the way sometimes? Others say its a great room. Any information would be so helpful!

Yes, we are also looking at those same cabins & anyone who can give first hand info on staying in the aft mini's would be appreciated.:D

Largin - Thanks for the great photo link!;)

did you end up staying in those two aft cabins (D725 or D726) on the Coral? I'm debating for an Alaskan trip next summer and have read mixed things. Some say there are issues with window washing materials being in the way sometimes? Others say its a great room. Any information would be so helpful!

did you end up staying in those two aft cabins (D725 or D726) on the Coral? I'm debating for an Alaskan trip next summer and have read mixed things. Some say there are issues with window washing materials being in the way sometimes? Others say its a great room. Any information would be so helpful!