Carnival Liberty or Conquest class aft room selection

babyclaytonmom

Hello-

I know the vibration may be bad pulling in/out of port but wondered which of these rooms is the best configuration or largest. It looks like all 3 of these OVs have 2 sets of windows. Which should I pick- 2477, 2473, or 2462? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the feedback.

2473 is the largest, pie shaped cabin with 2 windows. It also has a sofa which 2462 does not. 2477 only has one window and it's angled into the cabin making seeing out a little more difficult. There is a LOT Of vibration and noise back there not only when pulling in, but when underway at high speed. We nicknamed 2470 "Rattletrap". We love it, but one in our party didn't and she was very seasick. They were in 2473. If you search 2470 you can read my comments. It's the mirror image of 2473.

We've been in those cabins once on the Conquest, and never again. On the sea day headed back from Cozumel the room shook and vibrated from sail away until we got in range to Galveston. Every port meant noise from the crew deck with winches getting ready to dock, usually starting at 5:00 am or earlier.

Look, this is just my opinion, you book what you want. I do suggest the lido deck regardless of inside or balcony, as you can walk right out to the area where casual food is located, the pool and a significant amount of daytime activities. Also, the theater is in the bow area, so once the show is over at night just take the elevator or stairs right up to where your cabin is.

Just my opinions...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info. Even though a room is slotted for two people if it has a sofa does that mean it can be used for 3 if needed? Do all Carnival sofas turn into sofa beds?

You can sleep where you want if you have multiple cabins. However, if a cabin is slotted for 2 people that is all that Carnival will allow you to book for that particular cabin.

We had and Aft Balcony on Deck 6 off the Valor (Conquest class I believe) and didn't notice any vibration. The only noise we had was at night from the lounge below us on Desk 5. We've book another Aft Balcony on the Triumph next cruise but went with Deck 7 so we'll have cabins below and above and not have to worry about lounge music when trying to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello-

I know the vibration may be bad pulling in/out of port but wondered which of these rooms is the best configuration or largest. It looks like all 3 of these OVs have 2 sets of windows. Which should I pick- 2477, 2473, or 2462? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the feedback.

I'm booked in 2473 on Liberty for my December sailing. After I saw a You Tube video of it's mirror cabin 2470 on Conquest (the same cabin configuration as 2473 only flip flopped) I booked, I loved what I saw about it. Take a look and see. It's 3 minutes long and shows the whole layout of the room:

I'm booked in 2473 on Liberty for my December sailing. After I saw a You Tube video of it's mirror cabin 2470 on Conquest (the same cabin configuration as 2473 only flip flopped) I booked, I loved what I saw about it. Take a look and see. It's 3 minutes long and shows the whole layout of the room:

I have stayed in 2470 4 times - 3 on Glory and 1 on Conquest. In fact that's the cabin I was in and confined to when I had food poisoning on Conquest [emoji15]. Not fun! My sister and her friend stayed in 2473. They are super as far as size and layout. But beware. They are extremely loud and not just when docking, but when the ship is traveling at high speed. We nicknamed 2470 "Rattletrap". There is also a LOT of vibration and movement back there. My sister's girlfriend was so seasick although it didn't bother any of us.

If you don't mind noise, movement, or vibration, you will love it. If you need it quiet or get motion sick easily, the aft cabins are not for you. I have posted quite a few times on my experiences in 2470. Go ahead and do a search on here. You will either love it or hate it. There's no in between.

I have stayed in 2470 4 times - 3 on Glory and 1 on Conquest. In fact that's the cabin I was in and confined to when I had good poisoning on Conquest [emoji15]. Not fun! My sister and her friend stayed in 2473. They are super as far as size and layout. But beware. They are extremely loud and not just when docking, but when the ship is traveling at high speed. We nicknamed 2470 "Rattletrap". There is also a LOT of vibration and movement back there. My sister's girlfriend was so seasick although it didn't bother any of us.

If you don't mind noise, movement, or vibration, you will love it. If you need it quiet or get motion sick easily, the aft cabins are not for you. I have posted quite a few times on my experiences in 2470. Go ahead and do a search on here. You will either love it or hate it. There's no in between.

The noise isn't an issue with me because once the hearing aid is out, it's blissful silence lol. The vibration wouldn't bother me either as i'm thankfully not prone to motion sickness and call me weird, but I actually like it as it makes me feel like i'm on a ship. :)

Years ago I was on Triumph and Destiny both in cabin 2444, in back of the ship wrapped around the stairwell and loved it. Especially those 2 windows and the layout. It was just like a hotel room.

We stayed in 2473 on a sister ship. We liked it, but there is no ignoring the vibration! Bring your earplugs; you will be glad to have them. Then align yourself on the bed and treat it like one of those relaxing vibrating beds they used to have in hotel rooms....

The noise isn't an issue with me because once the hearing aid is out, it's blissful silence lol. The vibration wouldn't bother me either as i'm thankfully not prone to motion sickness and call me weird, but I actually like it as it makes me feel like i'm on a ship. :)

Years ago I was on Triumph and Destiny both in cabin 2444, in back of the ship wrapped around the stairwell and loved it. Especially those 2 windows and the layout. It was just like a hotel room.

I like it too because it drowns out any hallway noise and the vibration puts me to sleep. Just wanted to give fair warning as many people don't like it.

• 3 weeks later...
I like it too because it drowns out any hallway noise and the vibration puts me to sleep. Just wanted to give fair warning as many people don't like it.

I upgraded from an OV to aft Balcony on Liberty Cabin 7449. I am now worried about vibration and motion sickness.... we sail in 29 days... and now I am in panic mode!! I thought it would be fun to have an aft instead of just a regular balcony... now I am wishing I would have saved myself some $$ and gone with the regular balcony... :(

Any thoughts??

I upgraded from an OV to aft Balcony on Liberty Cabin 7449. I am now worried about vibration and motion sickness.... we sail in 29 days... and now I am in panic mode!! I thought it would be fun to have an aft instead of just a regular balcony... now I am wishing I would have saved myself some $$ and gone with the regular balcony... :(

Any thoughts??

You won’t have a lot of vibration that far up. It’s mostly down low due to the proximity of the engines/propellers. You will feel some motion being all the way aft, but it won’t be bad. Don’t stress. You’ll be fine!

You won’t have a lot of vibration that far up. It’s mostly down low due to the proximity of the engines/propellers. You will feel some motion being all the way aft, but it won’t be bad. Don’t stress. You’ll be fine!

Ok... Whew! I feel alot better about it, now that you said its mostly for the lower aft cabins!! Thank You!