Recent Review of Glory w/Pics?

dtripli

Hi All

I would like to read a recent review of Glory with pics if possible. There doesn't seem to be too much out there. Do people post pics on the CC review section? I don't know what I'm doing. We leave on our cruise in 36 days and I am desperate for a new review with pictures! We have an eastern caribbean itinerary but with all the hurricanes who knows where we will be going!

There was a few good semi-recent reviews of the ship with pictures, but I think the site the uploaded their pictures to ended up deleting them because they are gone now.

We just got off the ship, we were on Sept 2nd - Sept 13 (extended from the 9th due to Hurricane Irma). This was our second cruise. We barely felt the boat move, the water is very smooth. We were originally going to the Eastern Caribbean, but upon boarding the ship the captain announced that we would sail with a Western Caribbean itinerary. We went to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

The ship is a little older, a lot of the tiles on the main areas were loose. Decor is fine, I liked it. The main pool gets crowded, but we were always able to find a close chair. The music is VERY loud during DJ set times, I enjoyed their sets but I wish they would turn it down just a little. Shows were the typical cheesey song/dance, I liked them but I wasn't expecting a 5 star broadway show. the comedians were just ok in my opinion. My teenage kids liked them. The food was great, I didn't have anything I didn't like. And if you are tossing around the idea of going to the steakhouse for the additional $35/person, DO IT!! it was amazing, just as good as the $200 steak dinner we had in Las Vegas. Couples massage was great too. Dustin, the Cruise Director was very entertaining. We participated in alot of the trivia and games they offered also.

Our only complaint was our room steward, yes we tipped cash on our first day. He never called us by name, he would take my towel animals from the desk after being asked to leave them, and there were a few letters from the Captain regading the storm that we did not receive. The room steward assigned to the rooms down the hall knew our names and would yell hello to us from several rooms away, he was great!

There was a few good semi-recent reviews of the ship with pictures, but I think the site the uploaded their pictures to ended up deleting them because they are gone now.

We just got off the ship, we were on Sept 2nd - Sept 13 (extended from the 9th due to Hurricane Irma). This was our second cruise. We barely felt the boat move, the water is very smooth. We were originally going to the Eastern Caribbean, but upon boarding the ship the captain announced that we would sail with a Western Caribbean itinerary. We went to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

The ship is a little older, a lot of the tiles on the main areas were loose. Decor is fine, I liked it. The main pool gets crowded, but we were always able to find a close chair. The music is VERY loud during DJ set times, I enjoyed their sets but I wish they would turn it down just a little. Shows were the typical cheesey song/dance, I liked them but I wasn't expecting a 5 star broadway show. the comedians were just ok in my opinion. My teenage kids liked them. The food was great, I didn't have anything I didn't like. And if you are tossing around the idea of going to the steakhouse for the additional $35/person, DO IT!! it was amazing, just as good as the $200 steak dinner we had in Las Vegas. Couples massage was great too. Dustin, the Cruise Director was very entertaining. We participated in alot of the trivia and games they offered also.

Our only complaint was our room steward, yes we tipped cash on our first day. He never called us by name, he would take my towel animals from the desk after being asked to leave them, and there were a few letters from the Captain regading the storm that we did not receive. The room steward assigned to the rooms down the hall knew our names and would yell hello to us from several rooms away, he was great!

Thanks so much, great information.....just curious about the last minute port changes: where they ports extra crowded do to everyone being re routed?....Im thinking with the damage that Maria did we wont be stopping in San Juan or even St. Thomas (from Irma)....I dont mind being re routed, but Im hoping there won't be too many ships in each port at once.

What do you consider recent? I was on her the last time in October. She looks the same except for Waterworks.

Thank You...I was thinking anyone sailing from June 2017 to present....mainly because I was curious about wear and tear....When I was booking months back I was choosing between brand new Vista and Glory. The deciding factor for us was preferring a mid-size ship versus the new "megas" the industry seems to be building now. I am hoping I made a good choice. :D

Thank You...I was thinking anyone sailing from June 2017 to present....mainly because I was curious about wear and tear....When I was booking months back I was choosing between brand new Vista and Glory. The deciding factor for us was preferring a mid-size ship versus the new "megas" the industry seems to be building now. I am hoping I made a good choice. :D

After having been on both ships, I think you made the right decision. I’ll be back on Glory in 3 weeks for the 9th time and I don’t plan to go back on Vista anytime soon if that gives you an indication of what I think.

Thanks so much, great information.....just curious about the last minute port changes: where they ports extra crowded do to everyone being re routed?....Im thinking with the damage that Maria did we wont be stopping in San Juan or even St. Thomas (from Irma)....I dont mind being re routed, but Im hoping there won't be too many ships in each port at once.

I just got off the Glory yesterday. We were supposed to go Eastern and was set to go Eastern. Then last Saturday at dinner the captain announced we were going Western due to Hurricane Maria. We went to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Honduras and Cozumel. We got to Cozumel at noon on Thursday and we were ship #6. The cab driver estimated 35,000 people in port. We had a hard time finding a beach/all inclusive to get to since we were the last to arrive and everywhere was full. We did end up at Oceans VIP and paid $65pp for all you can eat and drink. It wasn't the best beach but it sufficed. It was a good day.

This was my 2nd time on the Glory. Our room steward Felix was outstanding as well as our waitstaff Marius and Marijanna. They were the best I have had on any cruise hands down.

We booked a fwd interior, 7232. Great room location but only thing I was not expecting was being able to hear the theatre when they practiced that nights show at 430 each day as well as the 815 and 1015 shows. It blew my mind as we were above other rooms and I stayed in a suite across the hall 3 years ago and didn't hear a thing. It was loud enough we could hear every word they were singing. Didn't have to look at the Funtimes to know if it was Getaway Island or Cubana going on that night lol

We didn't personally enjoy the breakfast on Lido or the dining room. Lunch and dinner was good. We did do the steak house and was well worth it.

Overall great cruise. The staff were friendly, seas were exceptionally smooth, I still love the Glory. Had a lot of fun riding the water slides. Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by justme_85

oh good point with the rooms. We booked a mid-interior, 6298 and 6294. location was great. just a few rooms down from the atrium elevators. Being that close to the atrium we also heard everything from the bands/trivia they did in the atrium on level 3. Didn't bother us because we weren't in our room for very long during the times they had something going on.

I just got off the Glory yesterday. We were supposed to go Eastern and was set to go Eastern. Then last Saturday at dinner the captain announced we were going Western due to Hurricane Maria. We went to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Honduras and Cozumel. We got to Cozumel at noon on Thursday and we were ship #6. The cab driver estimated 35,000 people in port. We had a hard time finding a beach/all inclusive to get to since we were the last to arrive and everywhere was full. We did end up at Oceans VIP and paid $65pp for all you can eat and drink. It wasn't the best beach but it sufficed. It was a good day.

This was my 2nd time on the Glory. Our room steward Felix was outstanding as well as our waitstaff Marius and Marijanna. They were the best I have had on any cruise hands down.

We booked a fwd interior, 7232. Great room location but only thing I was not expecting was being able to hear the theatre when they practiced that nights show at 430 each day as well as the 815 and 1015 shows. It blew my mind as we were above other rooms and I stayed in a suite across the hall 3 years ago and didn't hear a thing. It was loud enough we could hear every word they were singing. Didn't have to look at the Funtimes to know if it was Getaway Island or Cubana going on that night lol

We didn't personally enjoy the breakfast on Lido or the dining room. Lunch and dinner was good. We did do the steak house and was well worth it.

Overall great cruise. The staff were friendly, seas were exceptionally smooth, I still love the Glory. Had a lot of fun riding the water slides. Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks so much for the input....Im sorry to hear about the crowds at the port...that's exactly my concern. Oh well, we are 33 days out so maybe things will be more organized by then...you had a great time in spite of it all so we can make it work as well. :)

I was on the Glory from 09/2 - 9/16. I think she shows signs of wear and tear for sure but I love the ease of navigating her. Ports? Packed to the gills but we were in the throws of Irma, everyone and their uncles was rerouted to the Western vs Eastern so it seems. Cozumel had soooo many people and Roatan was shoulder to shoulder. In one port we had not only RC Allure of the Seas (massive ship), CC Vista and the Glory but one if not two others as well. I imagine until our beloved Eastern ports open up, things will be more crowded than usual.

I was on the Glory from 09/2 - 9/16. I think she shows signs of wear and tear for sure but I love the ease of navigating her. Ports? Packed to the gills but we were in the throws of Irma, everyone and their uncles was rerouted to the Western vs Eastern so it seems. Cozumel had soooo many people and Roatan was shoulder to shoulder. In one port we had not only RC Allure of the Seas (massive ship), CC Vista and the Glory but one if not two others as well. I imagine until our beloved Eastern ports open up, things will be more crowded than usual.

I'm hoping carnival gives a heads up on the port changes...I'm hoping I can have enough time to book excursions. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm hoping carnival gives a heads up on the port changes...I'm hoping I can have enough time to book excursions. Thanks for sharing :)

When we left Miami, we were set to go to Half Moon, San Juan and Amber cove (Grand Turk was replaced with Amber Cove) with 3 days at sea. That is what the itinerary said in our stateroom when we got on the ship and we were given the funtimes for Half Moon that night in our cabin. We only went Western because of Hurricane Maria. I believe if Hurricane Maria was not a threat, we would have went Eastern. Do yourself a favor and have things lined up for the Western Itinerary just in case. That is what we did before we left when Irma was causing havoc in the Eastern ports. The only port that felt really packed was Cozumel for sure and a little bit in Honduras as it was us and I think either Freedom or Pride. Can't remember exactly which one.