Final Payment due Yesterday, Can't get through will I face a penalty?

brt49

My final payment for my 07/18/09 Freedom Cruise was due yesterday, but I can't get through. Do you think I will have to pay a penalty? I keep calling but after an hour on hold, I give up!!!!

My final payment for my 07/18/09 Freedom Cruise was due yesterday, but I can't get through. Do you think I will have to pay a penalty? I keep calling but after an hour on hold, I give up!!!!

I have friends that were given a 2 week extention on a cruise last year. They will work with you.

I'm ready to pay, I just can't get through. I wish Carnival would let me pay online. I think the rule that if you book over the phone, you have to pay over the phone, is so 1990's!!

I'm ready to pay, I just can't get through. I wish Carnival would let me pay online. I think the rule that if you book over the phone, you have to pay over the phone, is so 1990's!!

Have you attempted to register on line? I booked my cruise over the phone and every pymt that i've made up to the final pymt that i made TODAY has been done on-line on the carnival website.

Maybe e-mail your PVP and ask for a call-back.

My old PVP left the company (or got promoted) So I just called the 1-800 number and booked my cruise. So I have no contact to call.

Did you try to pay online? I booked online over the phone with my PVP and I can make final payment online. I would give it a try, it may work.

I just tried and I got the error message:

5187 : Invalid Agency or Alternate Agency

Like I said I have tried to pay online, but it won't let me.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I booked both of my upcoming cruises on the phone and once I registered the bookings on the Carnival site I could pay online. Have you tried that yet??

What about going to the Carnival page and using the option for them to call you? The one time I tried that at work they called me within five minutes

My question is "Why did you wait till the last minute"??? How long did you know that you had to pay a final payment for this cruise?? He, who hesitates, is lost!! I guess you thought the cruise line would wait for you.

Hey That's cruel. In this economy I waited till the last minute, because why should I give my money sooner than later. That money could be working for me to the last minute, I mean Carnival is giving me an interest free loan. Why should I NOT wait till the last day to pay it.

Why should it be a problem? Every time I have called, I have talked to someone in a few seconds.

You should not judge me, I had enough cash to pay the $4500 tab in August when I booked it, but again it is an interest free loan. Anyways it is only the last $500!!!

My question is "Why did you wait till the last minute"??? How long did you know that you had to pay a final payment for this cruise?? He, who hesitates, is lost!! I guess you thought the cruise line would wait for you.

Is the reason he/she waited really our business? Your response really wasn't helpful so why reply?

I agree with the poster that suggested the "call back" on the Carnival website.

Better than waiting on hold!

I'm going to try it right now, hope it works. I will let everyone know the results. Feel free to comment on me waiting "till the last minute" it's entertaining!!

All I am saying is that if you have the money, there is no reason to wait till the last minute to pay and then you want Carnival to give you sympathy. There are deadlines and consequences when you miss deadlines.

The OP asked a question just like you asked one about whether or not you should spend money on getting a passport recently. Some people agreed with you and others thought you were foolish not to get one right?? Everyone has different opinions and I honestly thought your reply was rude but then again that is just my opinion. The OP may very well find out he/she has consequences for their decision to wait just like you may find you have a need for a passport you chose not to get we all make decisions that might not work for others, that is life.

Don't give up after an hour...wait until you get through. I've never heard of a penalty for late payment, but sure have seen cruise lines cancel bookings due to delinquent finals. Under the circumstances, perhaps they'll give you some extra time.

I booked our 2 cabins on the phone with my pvp and I made the final payment online.

I'm going to try it right now, hope it works. I will let everyone know the results. Feel free to comment on me waiting "till the last minute" it's entertaining!!

Well Everyone, I took the advice of my fellow CC members and sent an email to contact me. Well it worked!!! Not more than 5 minutes and they called me back!!! I am now paid up!!! Can't wait till Freedom Eastern Caribbean 07/18/09!!! Cat 11, Empress Deck!!!

Well Everyone, I took the advice of my fellow CC members and sent an email to contact me. Well it worked!!! Not more than 5 minutes and they called me back!!! I am now paid up!!! Can't wait till Freedom Eastern Caribbean 07/18/09!!! Cat 11, Empress Deck!!!

Glad to hear my advice worked for you, now sit back and relax :)

I just tried and I got the error message:

5187 : Invalid Agency or Alternate Agency

Like I said I have tried to pay online, but it won't let me.

Anyone else have any ideas?

If you are using Firefox you will get that error. Try using internet explorer.

I'm glad you got through to Carnival, but I would not have worried. Actually, I did the same thing. I thought I had until the 23rd to book but it was the 22nd. When I said, Oh, I'm so sorry I would have been late, the PVP said not to worry, Carnival would have called me.

Archived