Mercury Dry Dock Shortens Mexican Cruise

HollyJ614

Heads up to whoever booked the Mercury cruise to the Mexican Riviera out of San Diego for April 6 - 16th of 2007..............because of a previous posting about a possible dry dock of the Mercury on April 13th, 2007, I checked my reservation on line on the Celebrity website. Imagine my surprise when my reservation stated we were booked on a 7 night cruise and not the 10 night that I had a confirmation for!!!! There is no way they can do all of the 10 day ports in 7 days!!! So if anyone is booked on this cruise, check with your TA................We are scrambling to find something that visits the ports we want............Unfortunately, there is no other Celebrity ship that goes where and when we want to sail.............

You can try Holland Americas Ryndam on April 2 for 10 days.

The stops are Puerto Vallarta, Mazaltan, Topolobampo, Loreto, La Paz and Cabo San Lucas with 3 Sea Days.

Inside from 1034 per person including port and taxes

Outside from 1252 per person ilcluding port and taxes

Verandah Suites from 1709 including port and taxes

These prices come from a place where you find the "best price cruises" on the internet. Hint Hint Wink Wink !! I have Sinned :eek::eek::D:D

Paul

Heads up to whoever booked the Mercury cruise to the Mexican Riviera out of San Diego for April 6 - 16th of 2007..............because of a previous posting about a possible dry dock of the Mercury on April 13th, 2007, I checked my reservation on line on the Celebrity website. Imagine my surprise when my reservation stated we were booked on a 7 night cruise and not the 10 night that I had a confirmation for!!!! There is no way they can do all of the 10 day ports in 7 days!!! So if anyone is booked on this cruise, check with your TA................We are scrambling to find something that visits the ports we want............Unfortunately, there is no other Celebrity ship that goes where and when we want to sail.............

I searched through the X website and I do not see a cruise for the dates you mentioned, but maybe you can ask X to book you on another 10 night cruise on a different ship/ itinerary. I did the same 10 day cruise to Mexico (April 2006) and I must say the Mexican Riviera is just OK. Also, I thought the temperature on the sail away was rather cold and the last full day of the cruise was cold. Also ask X, to cover price difference in the cruise price.

Yes, the 10 night cruise "mysteriously" disappeared off of their website.., I could only access it by punching in my conf. #..........They claim they took it off of the website cos' they were not taking any new bookings for it. It wasn't full a few weeks ago, so my guess is they took it down cos' they changed the length of the cruise...........it may show up eventually as a 7 night which is what it has become. We are looking into a Princess cruise with the same itinerary, but leaves out of San Francisco instead of San Diego and adds an extra sea day. Still no "official" word from Celebrity except that it goes into dry dock on April 13th, 2007. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just kept it a 10 nighter and go into drydock on April 16th!!! 3 days difference.

Yes, the 10 night cruise "mysteriously" disappeared off of their website.., I could only access it by punching in my conf. #..........They claim they took it off of the website cos' they were not taking any new bookings for it. It wasn't full a few weeks ago, so my guess is they took it down cos' they changed the length of the cruise...........it may show up eventually as a 7 night which is what it has become. We are looking into a Princess cruise with the same itinerary, but leaves out of San Francisco instead of San Diego and adds an extra sea day. Still no "official" word from Celebrity except that it goes into dry dock on April 13th, 2007. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just kept it a 10 nighter and go into drydock on April 16th!!! 3 days difference.

Maybe it has something to do with the availablity of the dry dock facilities? Not that that would lessen your disappointment any.

Susan

Archived