air fare from LA to Tahiti

cj013

Hardly any airlines fly to Tahiti anymore from the US. Air France has a couple of flights from LA. These rest of the flights are by Air Tahiti Nui. Air New Zealand has co-branded a few flights with Air Tahiti Nui. There's so little competition that it's very hard to find a good deal (the days of flying to Tahiti from LA for $550 are long gone--alas, no more deals for Moorea for $699 for airfare and hotel!). Fuel costs don't help any. I know Star Clipper advertised free airfare for some Dec trips but I haven't seen anything like this for 2009. Maybe they will do this later in the year starting in October (?). Usually if you take a discount like free air, you will pay full fare for the cruise. We're going on the Star Flyer in Feb for an 11 day cruise and opted for their airfare package. This is basically $3K including a deviation fee (we're going to Huahine for a week after the cruise), taxes, etc. We did get a 25% discount because we've sailed with Star Clippers previously (transatlantic on the Royal Clipper in the fall of 2003). We've also booked the Athens to Thailand cruise for October, 2009. Let us all know if you can get free airfare. That would be special.

Just last nite I said you'd probably have to wait until at least October for a 2009 free airfare offer to Tahiti from Star Clippers. This morning I had an email message from Star Clippers offering free airfare for 2009. Here's the link:

http://www.starclippers.com/marketing_folder/tahiti2/index.htm?jmid=10467&j=156264671

I took the link from an email I got from Star Clippers. They sent me a brochure and I then clicked the link on the brochure. That is what I posted. Maybe "they" won't allow forwarding of this secondary link. Here's the link to the online brochure (that ought to work--if not, you might try calling Star Clippers at 800-442-0551).

http://x.jtrk55.net/w.z?j=156264671&m=1F94D6E281A34B82827BA2988F21A003

Archived