Silver Cloud

alibee

We are considering a 10 day cruise in the Mediterranean on the Wind this summer because the dates and itinerary match when we can go and where we want to be. My concern is about the Wind and the posts that I have seen which state that is tired and in need of renovation. We have sailed Seabourn and Radisson Voyager and enjoyed both. I would prefer the newer ships of SS, but the dates don't work. Will I be disappointed by the Wind?

We are considering a 10 day cruise in the Mediterranean on the Wind this summer because the dates and itinerary match when we can go and where we want to be. My concern is about the Wind and the posts that I have seen which state that is tired and in need of renovation. We have sailed Seabourn and Radisson Voyager and enjoyed both. I would prefer the newer ships of SS, but the dates don't work. Will I be disappointed by the Wind?

Both the SILVER WIND and the SILVER CLOUD have gone into dry dock for extensive renovations in the last several years, and Silversea was voted the top small-ship cruise line by CONDE NAST TRAVELER a few months ago for the eighth time. So any claims that either ship is "tired and in need of renovation" need to be balanced against those two facts. Mind you, I haven't traveled on the WIND myself, so I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I do remember reading some extremely favorable comments about the ship on this forum in the last month or two.

We recently were on the Silver Wind "down South America way" and if she recently underwent a refurbishment then GREAT! She's a wonderfully comfortable ship.

My partner and I will be on her sister, the Silver Cloud at the end of March, beginning of April. I'll let you know if our expectations will be met, but it's more than likely that they'll be exceeded.

returned from a 3 week trip on the Wind..on January 6th,... and she was her usual wonderful physical self.......We have been on the ships BEFORE they went into drydock for makeovers,and never felt that they were shoddy.. I will never understand those that complain the ships are in poor condition. Yes there are occassionally spots that need refreshing, but not to the extent that there need be complaints about them. We had gotten off one of the ships, and returned to the same suite a few months later, and there were a number of cracks in the sink in the head. Obviously, one of the previous passengers, had dropped something in it. I knew that it would be taken care of when the suite was not to be occupied. So take these criticisms with a grain of salt. (Let's not start a round table discussion of this matter)

Archived