Canceled GSC 11/13/13

CTCruiser001

We are in Florida right now and just got announced that the stop at GSC is cancelled...Third time it was canceled in a row for the Breakaway!

We are now due to dock at Nassau tomorrow at 1 pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We are in Florida right now and just got announced that the stop at GSC is cancelled...Third time it was canceled in a row for the Breakaway!

That stinks but at least you will have a full day in Nassau ...the first trip that missed it did not dock until 7pm in Nassau and were not able to disembark until almost 9.

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

That stinks but at least you will have a full day in Nassau ...the first trip that missed it did not dock until 7pm in Nassau and were not able to disembark until almost 9.

I remember that...we are hoping to be able to book the sunset cruise but can't find the info online via our smartphones...

It sucks as our party of 29 people have had cabanas booked since they were made available and we were all really looking forward to this.

I remember that...we are hoping to be able to book the sunset cruise but can't find the info online via our smartphones...

It sucks as our party of 29 people have had cabanas booked since they were made available and we were all really looking forward to this.

I found a couple online - maybe these would work

http://bahamastourcenter.com/barefoot-sailing-sunset-champagne-cruise/

http://bahamastourcenter.com/seahorse-sunset-dinner-cruise/

Their phone number FROM THE BAHAMAS is 800-205-0729

Sorry about the missed call to GSC, but enjoy Nassau! It's FREEZING here in NY, so I'm jealous :)

It was cancelled for us last week and we arrived in Nassau at 4...it stinks but you can't change the weather- we did have beautiful days both Wednesday & Thursday though- hope you get the same!

I found a couple online - maybe these would work

http://bahamastourcenter.com/barefoot-sailing-sunset-champagne-cruise/

http://bahamastourcenter.com/seahorse-sunset-dinner-cruise/

Their phone number FROM THE BAHAMAS is 800-205-0729

Sorry about the missed call to GSC, but enjoy Nassau! It's FREEZING here in NY, so I'm jealous :)

That was it! Thank you!

:( Not looking good for my trip in a few weeks. I have no plans to get off the ship in PC or nassau. HAve a cabana booked in GSC and am really looking forward to it.

YUCK!

me too - have a cabana and also the water jet - hopefully 11/24 cruise we'll be able to get to GSC :confused:. I'm going to keep positive and if not well I'll enjoy the ship and the spa :)

Is the weather in the Bahamas really that bad 3-4 weeks in a row or is there something else causing it? We go there next week, and it'll be a major bummer if we miss GSC.

NCL loses a lot of revenue from passengers when they cancel, so I am presuming that the weather/seas have been very rough.

Edited by limeyalchemist

Is the weather in the Bahamas really that bad 3-4 weeks in a row or is there something else causing it? We go there next week, and it'll be a major bummer if we miss GSC.

NCL loses a lot of revenue from passengers when they cancel, so I am presuming that the weather/seas have been very rough.

The problem is in the tendering...if the waves are too high they cannot tender in. The time we missed it the weather was beautiful ..we went to Nassau instead and walked to Junkanoo beach and still got in our beach day. Hoping to make it there (GSC) this December!

VERY nasty winds are forecast at Great Stirrup Cay for the next three days!

Wednesday NNE winds at 21mph

Thursday NE winds at 27 mph

Friday E winds at 22 mph

Winds like that will make tendering virtually impossible with the chop they will create. Even if tendering weren't an issue, I wouldn't want to be on that tiny island with the winds blowing across it like that either.

;)

Sorry to hear it's been cancelled again. I was on the ship last week and it would have been my first time at GSC. At least you'll be able to dock in Nassau pretty early. There's so much to do on the ship so we did a lot of the outdoor activities since the weather was finally warm. I wish they'd have a private island where you can actually dock at but it seems like they're investing so much into GSC that they won't find an island that's dockable.

On board the Breakaway right now. I have a screen shot from the interactive tv in my stateroom on Sunday that lists our ports for this cruise. GSC was not listed. I tried to upload it from my phone but no luck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

That may be the worst itinerary that NCL offers. Just my opinion though.

My opinion as well . . . if I'm allowed to share. :)

I would still sail it just for the ship experience.

But, for me . . . only once. That was enough.

Sorry you won't be able to enjoy that cabana on GSC...but I'm sure that you are enjoying better weather than we are here in the NE. Long Island had some snow flurries this morning...brrrrrr. Hope you guys make the best of FLA and the extra time in Nassau. Please tell Diana that Michele (OnTheGoMom) says "hi". We had such a great time on the Jewel 2-nighter this past February!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!! :)