Do any of the Carnival ships go into the canal?

I am booked on the Liberty for the 8/4/07 8 night cruise. It goes to Panama. You can book a shore excursion to Panama City.

Please be aware that the Liberty does NOT actually enter the canal which is what the OP asked. Liberty will dock in Colon without actually going through any of the locks of the canal. In fact if I'm not mistaken the Liberty is too large to enter the canal.

Expand Your Horizons, Princess Has 2 Great Ships The Island And The Coral And Rcl Has The Radiance Class Ships And So Does Celebrity That Go Through, Carnival Is Still Trying, But Will Never Give The Quality The Others Give, Pay A Little More And Notice The Difference, Unless Your Bringing Kids, Then Carnival Is The Way To Go.

Da Marlin, have you ever cruised with Carnival? If not, don't knock it. I have only been on Holland America and Carnival but I really love Carnival. They definitely get a bad rap! I am not a "partier" but I love everything about the cruiseline. Don't knock it unless you try it!

Da Marlin, have you ever cruised with Carnival? If not, don't knock it. I have only been on Holland America and Carnival but I really love Carnival. They definitely get a bad rap! I am not a "partier" but I love everything about the cruiseline. Don't knock it unless you try it!

I have tried Carnival (3 times) and I totally agree with Da Marlin and unless Carnival was my ONLY choice I would not sail them again.

Expand Your Horizons, Princess Has 2 Great Ships The Island And The Coral And Rcl Has The Radiance Class Ships And So Does Celebrity That Go Through, Carnival Is Still Trying, But Will Never Give The Quality The Others Give, Pay A Little More And Notice The Difference, Unless Your Bringing Kids, Then Carnival Is The Way To Go.

I was just checking into Princess and their canal cruise. I looked up the fare and it was 2699.00 pp, since I will be traveling with my two children I changed the amount of people to 4 instead of 2 ( 2 comes up by default) and the price changed to 3099.00 pp. I thought that was kind of odd. I guess they are discourageing people from bringing kids along.

The Repo cruise would be perfect since I live in SD but the timing is not so perfect. Kids in school at that time. Bummer. So now I'm looking at just stopping in Colon on the Carnival cruises.

Archived