Laundry facilities on Triumph?

Jaglady10

Are there laundry facilities, and is there an iron and ironing board? What deck are they on? Thanks.

From: http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Laundry_Room#Triumph_Class

Triumph Class

• Riviera Deck 1: Across the hall from staterooms: 1351 / 1353
  • Main Deck 2: Across the hall from staterooms: 2365 / 2367
  • Upper Deck 6: Across the hall from staterooms: 6389 / 6391
  • Empress Deck 7: Across the hall from staterooms: 7339 / 7341
  • Verandah Deck 8: Across the hall from staterooms: 8349 / 8351
  • Lido Deck 9: Across the hall from staterooms: 9268 / 9270

I cannot, in good conscience, pass by this thread without commenting. The night DH and I attempted to do laundry on the Triumph was a nightmare, and I must atleast ask that you rethink planning on doing that while oboard. Ironing, yes, no problem. Wash...I'd rethink that plan.

We had been scouting out the machines all week. There were 3 household size washer and 3 household size dryers (this is Deck 2-Main Deck). Every time we check, day or night, the first 3 or 4 days, they were all busy. Then about 2/3 of the way through the week, we ended up staying up late (actually, it was the latest we forced ourselves to stay up all week...we started the process about 11:30 p.m.).

At that time, 2 of the 3 washers were in use, the 3rd was broken. We had probably a color load and a white load of wash to do. We put the loads in (after having the laundry soap vending machine eat our money, and we had to go to the Purser's Desk to get some more) and went up on deck to grab an ice cream, noticing that one of the 3 dryers had wet clothing in it, but was not turned on. At this point, it's maybe 12:15 a.m.

We came back, went to switch loads and noticed that one of the washers we had used hadn't ever gone through the rinse cycle. the dryer full of wet clothing hadn't ever been turned on (someone just threw the clothes in and didn't bother to come back to plug the money in), so per general laundromat ettiquette, we set the load of damp clothes that were in the dryer on TOP of the dryer, and proceeded to start to load our clothes into the dryer. At which point the disgruntled owner of the damp load (that had been sitting in the dryer for God knows how long before we arrived on the scene, and over an hour after we had started investigating the situation) confronted us about moving his stuff in a not-so-friendly way. My husband, not one to back down when confronted, got his back up and the guy just walked away.

So...again, we left the laundry room and went up on deck to people watch for a bit (knowing that if we went back to our cabins, we'd both fall alseep). About 45 minutes later, we went back to check our stuff, and the a-hole/owner of the dryer hogging laundry, had gone BACK, after we left, and thrown his stuff into OUR DRYER, that we paid for, and tossed our stuff on top of said dryer.

Now our second load was done in the washer, and no dryer available. At this point it was about 2:00 a.m., and we gave up. We took all our clean but damp laundry back to our cabin and just hung it on whatever we could find to dry it.

Anyway, it was a TOTAL pain in the neck, and I vowed never to do laundry again on vacation. And I feel I must relay the story to anyone considering to do so.

You make the call. That was just my experience.:o

I have never used the washing machines or dryers but have done ironing...and on the Triumph! These rooms aren't marked well so don't be surprised if you pass it up on your first attempt at finding one. Usually the door is open but sometimes it's not...that doesn't mean it's locked though.

Actually, even though I try to pack neatly, stuff still gets wrinkled. If you are carrying your luggage on the ship, take the time after eating lunch (of course your cabin would have to be available first) while people are still boarding to iron everything and hang it up. Then you don't have to worry about ironing a shirt or dress right before dinner or something. I've been doing that and it's worked out great. Of course now if more people do this, the 'zero wait' for ironing on embarkation day is going to disappear! LOL :D

If you're worried about stains, bring one of those Tide sticks or Shout pads with you for spot cleaning and then, if you don't or can't use the washing machine, you can hand-wash the garment in your room.

I didn't have a good experience with the laundry room, either. On our first Triumph cruise, I met an obnoxious man there..but that could happen on any cruise line or ship. It's better to bring a small steamer (Wal-Mart has them). I brought one on our last cruise and it worked great! No waiting for the iron..and no aggravation.

My wife and I never do laundry on the ship [6 cruises for me 7 for her],people are rude...she irons etc but never laundry just pack enough clean clothes.............it is vacation, people cook for you, clean for you...why do your own laundry.....take the dirty clothes back home with you.........tha's what we do...........it is a hassle sometimes for my wife even to get an ironing board.............

While this didn't happen to me on the Triumph, I still would like to mention my experience. My DH, MIL and I were traveling on the Spirit last October. Since we were spending 8 days on the ship and then another 6 days visiting in Southern California after the cruise, I decided to do two loads of laundry towards the end of the cruise...one white load and one dark load. I had to do one load at a time since there was only one washing machine available....long story short.....when I brought the white clothes back to the cabin to fold them while the darks dried, I noticed that all of my "unmentionables" were missing! Thank goodness I still had the dark load! I returned to the laundry room and stood there, listening to my ipod, while the cycle finished! There was no way I was going to let someone steal the rest of my "unmentionables." I will never do laundry on a ship again unless I physically stand there in the laundry room!

• 10 years later...