Designer Fake Purses in Cozumel

cruiseonly

Rags n Rocks is located at Puerta Maya pier shopping area. It is across the courtyard from Los Cinco Soles. It is their clothing and you make it jewelry store there. If you walk left down the row that runs along side Fat Tuesday's, it will be on your right towards the end. Not hard to find. Never have really been on the lookout for them so I can't tell you where else has them! I will look and see if I find some other places that carry them.

We will be sailing in January and are on the MAriner. We stop in Cozumel and my daughter has been on the hunt for these ever since we were in St. Thomas last year. IF anyone can shed anymore light on this, that would be great! It is the only item we will be in search for while on our cruise! How great it would be to be able to go right to them! Ah, heaven on earth! Many thanks!

jblair: I am also in the market for these types of bags. I did a search on the web just to see what was available. All the pictures are the same, taken from some sort of catalog. I also am aware that there are different "qualities" of these bags, some so cheap that the straps break, and other hard wear areas tearing. The bag that my friend wants is the LV large tote bag, and I sure hope they have it in Coz! Save a lot of walking if it is found near the port. We are on B2B cruises, and will also go to St.Thomas. I also check the prices on line, just to see what is available. I don't mind paying a little extra if the quality is there.

Solita and Coz Sally: thanks for your info.

Grace

Just an additional note: Prices for the fakes (LV's) are all over: some as low as $39.00 and as high as $250. The higher end merchandise comes with all the stuff that the originals come with, like locks and keys, dust covers, and a LV bag. I guess we just have to pick and choose what quality we are seeking? I do know that the Dooney fake purses have the duck glued on the front, instead of stitching, and bindings and handles are sometimes plastic, not leather.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Have you been on your B2B cruises yet? If so, did you have any luck in finding the kock off bags in Cozumel? We did find them at the straw market in St. Thomas last year. I wish we would have bought more of them then. Thanks!

Along these same lines. Does anyone know if fake watches (rolex) are sold anywhere?

If you walk straight back from the church between 20 & 25th avenue there is a store on the left side that has one of the biggest selections in town. They are priced & won't give you any break on the price. They go for 300, 500 & 700 pesos depending on the quality & style. I suggest you pay in pesos as they only use 10/1 for the exchange rate. They also have an excellent selection of RayBans for 80 pesos (less than $8).

Where is the best place to exchange USD for pesos? I am assuming at a local bank. I read on one thread that there are several ATM's in Cozumel that do not give you money back but deduct it from your account. It is a real nightmare trying to get the money back in your account once you return to the US.

We have always just paid with good old US dollars. From what you say, you get a much better price if you can offer them pesos. Thanks!

You don't need to go to a bank to exchange dollars. There are several cambio places along the way. I might suggest not even exchanging unless you are planning on buying quite a lot. Here's why...if you buy 200 pesos worth of stuff and pay in US dollars at an exchange rate of 10 to 1, you will spend $20 US. But if you exchange your dollars for pesos at a rate of 10.85, you will spend $18.44. Worth the $1.56 to go exchange? Sure, the more you buy, the more the savings add up though and it makes a big difference in savings.

You can use the ATMs and get pesos without any problem. I do it weekly and have never had a glitch. There are several banks and ATMs in and around the square which is on the way to purseland! I think I will have to walk over there on my way to return the DVDs at Blockbuster. Must check out these purses. Will report findings!

Don't know about Cosumel but they sell those purses at the Dulles Town Center Mall about five minutes from my home. I'm surprised they are allowed to sell them . . . you'd think the designers would have tried to stop it, especially when they are sold about thirty yards from Norstroms where they sell the "real thing." But I have to tell you . . . they really are beautiful and the prices are nothing short of fantastic. Have never bought one myself and have no idea how they hold up but it really is hard to tell them apart from the "real thing."

You are such a dear person! I have seen yoru replies on several threads and always think to myself what a kind person you are! Just what the world needs more of!

Do I remember reading somewhere that you work at PB? I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago, so please forgive me if I am way off! We will be there the week of 1/30 so please let me know if there is something I can bring you from the states. I heard Twizzlers are a coveted item there.

Thanks a million for checking out the purses. In light of what is going on in other parts of the world, it really isn't that important. I feel guilty about even taking a vacation when so many people don't even have the luxury of clean drinking water.

I am going to send part of our vacation money to help out. If we all do even a little bit, we can make a BIG difference!

Hey jblair...

Thanks for the kind words. Went by La Feria yesterday on way to Blockbuster and forgot to come back to check. I went by tonight and they were closed! But it is on my list. I plan on stopping by during siesta time tomorrow. No, I don't work at PB (Tom is the big cheese out there) although I was out there today soaking up the rays (just love those cesar salads with grilled chicken). I used to work at Passion Island and now work for the largest tour company in Cozumel in the Quality and Control department. I will post what I find out...I need a wallet really bad so I am shopping for me too! Hopefully will have news tomorrow night when I get off work. And yes, Tom loves Twizzlers! I'm the instant pudding fan.

Thanks so much, you are a doll! Please let me know what kind of instant pudding you want and I can bring it and leave it with Tom. Do you want the instant kind that is the 'heat and serve' or the kind you make cold? I love the 'heat and serve' for our family! Yum! Let me know and your wish is my command! Thanks!

Hey JBlair...bad news is the place only had fake watches including Rolexs (the one I liked was 1,100 pesos). But I am looking really hard now-I want a wallet. Going down to Puerta Maya pier on Wednesday and will check out the prices at Rags and Rocks. "Need" a couple shirts from there anyway! Will check with the girls at work too.

I like the instant kind...kitchen gets hot with my gas stove. I really like white chocolate or butterscotch. Muchas gracias in advance.

Will post what I find. Am going to Playa del Carmen tomorrow too. Will look after my tour...gotta go snorkel in a cenote and then hang out on the beach in Xpu Ha! Gosh, I love my job!!!

Hey JBlair...bad news is the place only had fake watches including Rolexs (the one I liked was 1,100 pesos). But I am looking really hard now-I want a wallet. Going down to Puerta Maya pier on Wednesday and will check out the prices at Rags and Rocks. "Need" a couple shirts from there anyway! Will check with the girls at work too.

I like the instant kind...kitchen gets hot with my gas stove. I really like white chocolate or butterscotch. Muchas gracias in advance.

Will post what I find. Am going to Playa del Carmen tomorrow too. Will look after my tour...gotta go snorkel in a cenote and then hang out on the beach in Xpu Ha! Gosh, I love my job!!!

take a trip to new york and go to Canal Street.. fake rolex and others 15 to 20 $.. have seen them in ports for 30$.. coz is just getting too touristy.. lol

Dear Solita-You are a doll and I thank you for looking but I KNOW you will find someplace for these poor high school girls that have high hopes of getting one of those purses!

I made some of the instant cook and serve pudding tonight and it was so good with some cool whip. Yum!!! What a great little treat that is low cal and no sugar. Do you also want the 'sugar free' kind?

I like the kind with loads of sugar built right in! Looked around today for purses. Not yet. Heading out to Puerta Maya tomorrow morning early to pick up my shore ex bud from the Glory...got a breakfast date. Will look at the store I mentioned earlier.

It will pain me not to buy the 'sugar free' but I guess I can do that for you! lol.

You know, you have quite the life! Do you have to stop and pinch yourself from time to time? We had an ice storm here today and while everything looks beautiful covered in ice, it is hard to get around in.

Thanks for looking tomorrow, I'll be anxiously awaiting your response! Thanks!

Okay, you are not a failure, you went above and beyond! If you run across some, great, if not, no biggy! My daughter accidentally purhased a bag on ebay yesterday and so she has no money anyway! She didn't have any before the ebay disaster and now she is really in deep! lol

Maybe we will get lucky and you will find some before we get there. Don't worry, the pudding is still yours! Ha! Thanks so much and we will talk soon! Have a great weekend!

Archived