Valor Arriving into Miami Info

patval

Have you found any NEWER pics of the Valor? I think the last one's out there are from the Sea Trials in September. I'm dying to see this ship in and out. Also, it'd be nice to see the deck plans on Carnival's website for the Valor and not the Conquest. Yeah, I know it's the same layout, but I wanna see the names of everything as they should be!!!:o

Thanks for the info! :D I can't wait to see some interior pics of her. I just wish she was arriving a little later, so maybe I could watch her approach on webcam like I did with the Miracle. :rolleyes:

Is there a webcam set up at the Miami pier? If so, can you supply the web address? I would love to be able to see the ships docked in Miami. Is the Valor leaving out of another port before it settles in Miami? Thanks much.

The Valor home port for ever so far is Miami it will be on a 812 day trans atlantic trip from Italy to Miami and going across the Atlantic in the Winter is bad like 30 ft waves and high winds so the Valor will be having an unoffical second sea trials but nothing new with interior pictures but maybe someone will release some when it is coming to Miami.

Sorry about the type o the trip is 8-12 days from what I was told by an insider but more like 8 only 12 if the Atlantic acts up. The trip across the pond is probably 5 days but the ship is coming from the the northern part of Italy on the eastern side of Italy.

The Valor is departing Trieste on Wednesday night, December 1st.

I work for an airline, and met a young lady yesterday, at the airport, who will be a "social host" on Valor for the next three months.

If you're sailing this winter, and meet "Tara", tell her that Colleen from Continental said "hello".......and Colleen is STILL jealous! LOL!

Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri announced that Carnival's Carnival Valor was delivered to the cruise company on Saturday at the company's Monfalcone shipyard. The ship, which follows the "Carnival Conquest" and the "Carnival Glory", delivered in October 2002 and in June 2003 respectively, is the third in a series of sister ships and was built in record time - just 24 months (7 in the workshop, 9 in the building dock and 8 at the outfitting pier).

"Carnival Liberty", the fourth sister ship in the "Conquest" class, which is currently under construction at the Monfalcone shipyard is scheduled to be launched in early December and delivered in summer 2005. On completion of the "Carnival Liberty" Monfalcone shipyard will go on to build another three sister ships of the 116,000-ton "Caribbean Princess" class, which are scheduled for delivery in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

At 110,000 gross tons, "Conquest" class ships are 290 metres long, 38 wide and 64 high, have 18 decks and a service speed of 20 knots with a maximum capacity for 4,890 – 3,710 passengers and 1,180 crew accommodated in 2,120 cabins (1,487 of which for passengers).

"Carnival Valor" provides the highest standards of comfort alongside a vast range of entertainment. On board there is a 1,500-seat theatre, 5 swimming pools (of which one with a retractable cover), 4 restaurants (with seating capacities of 1,400, 1,120, 750, 130), of which one self-service and one à-la-carte), 22 bars, a casinò with 18 tables and 218 slot machines, a discotheque with 448 computerized video-monitors, an Internet café, a play area for children, shops of various types, gyms, a fitness area, a jogging track, a volleyball court, and a basketball hall.

Archived