Pajama's in Serenity Area?{early A.M.}

TnMama

I am sailing on the Fascination in July. I plan on enjoying coffee on the serenity deck in the morning's. I have 2 cute pajama sets,that dont really look like PJ's. They're cotton capri's and a tee shirt. I dont really want to get dressed for my day just to go have coffee early in the morning. If its cool I may even take my bath robe. Do any of you think that would be inapprpriate? They are very modest and I wont mind putting on my undergarments either.

Its your vacation! I'm sure when people DO see you, they wish they thought of it first!

Sounds like a great start to the morning. Fascination was my first ship. I have great memories of her.

Karen

lots of people will be in sweats and exercise clothes in the early am. Wear something like that to bed and you will be fine.

Just pack a sweatshirt for chilly times and skip the bathrobe.

Why not? I've seen that done before, and as long as it "covers you" I don't see any problem with it. Like someone above said,,it's your vacation, enjoy yourself as long as it doesn't infringe on someone elses vacation. Good Lord, you see folks all the time around the pools in bath robes, jammies, and t-backs that I'd never wear in 100 years, but they're comfortable, and having a good time. Live and let live IMO.

"SKY"

Okay really, some of these replies just blow me away.

Of course you can do it. First of all, it sounds like your pjs are much more conservative than half of the terrible "outfits" I've seen on Carnival cruises.

Further, it's your vacation, relax and enjoy!

Don't people have something better to do than care about someone wearing something sort of pj-like enjoying morning coffee????

FYI - many bathing suit cover-ups look like pjs - what's the difference.

Now if you were my husband whom sleeps naked asking, I would then say inappropriate!

You go girl, enjoy your vacation!

Based on the way I have seen some people dress to go to dinner, you in pajamas is no big deal. Anyone telling you not to is probably a chair hog. That's the only people out early in the a.m. anyway, legitimate early risers and chair hogs who drop a towel on a lounge chair and go back to their cabin and sleep til noon. By the way, if you want to get a chair in the serenity area, I suggest you get up very, very early. It's the first target for chair hogs.

Now here is a case for that company selling "Pajama Jeans" - lol.

I'm thinking you are joking since you threw in the robe business & clarfied you're willing to wear your undies (which thank you for that consideration- lol)....I will apologize if you are serious, since I worked for years in a HS school and saw a few kids wear flannel pj pants as their reg. clothes to school. Must admit I was a bit envious at how comfortable they looked but anyway - here is my 2 cents....

Before I'd wear jammies outside to sit on deck - especially if I had to take them off to put on undergarments I'd stick on some reg. comfortable clothes I brought rather then put the jammies back on again . If still going with the idea of pjs outside, I'd go with buying a pair of comfortable gym shorts and a nice t-shirt to wear to bed rather than actual pjs to wear outside. If weather is cool, wear sweats to bed & leave the robe behind.

Just curious for people who give a thumbs up to this...when you have stayed in a hotel that offers coffee/breakfast in the lobby in the a.m. do you wear you pj's there & sit in the lobby reading the paper? Not making a judgement call - each to their own - just curious as I have never seen that...though it would give me a chuckle.

LOL at some of the reply's. But yes it is a serious question. By undergarments, you all pretty much KNOW what 3 letter word one I mean,lol.THe robe was a joke. I have been half way reading a thread on the HAL forum about that.;)

Im not a shorts person,thus the capri's. And it will be July,so no sweatshirt for me. Honeslty if I didn't TELL someone they were jammies,you really wouldn't know. :)

ANd yes,by early I do mean daylight,not 9 or 10,and I wont be wearing it to breakfast. I'm a smoker,and my roomie is not,and I like to get up early and start my day with a cup,ok a POT of coffee and a few smokes. Dont gasp...;)

Your pj's are appropriate & who cares what people think. as long as i dont see things that under normal cirmunstances should be covered, then go for it & enjoy your vacation. plus, im pretty sure that those that complain behind a keyboard wouldnt have the balls to say something while you're enjoying your coffee.

Now here is a case for that company selling "Pajama Jeans" - lol.

Just curious for people who give a thumbs up to this...when you have stayed in a hotel that offers coffee/breakfast in the lobby in the a.m. do you wear you pj's there & sit in the lobby reading the paper? Not making a judgement call - each to their own - just curious as I have never seen that...though it would give me a chuckle.

I usually wear nice pj bottoms and a t-shirt to bed. Depending on what hotel I was at, I would stroll down to the lobby to read the paper and have a coffee. Would I do it in Vegas or the Royal York in Toronto?- probably not. Would I do it in some of the smaller hotels I've stayed at all over the world? - sure. Do I see a cruise as being somewhat casual - absolutely.

So if the OP wore the same thing she described but called it an exercise outfit or leisure suit would it all of a sudden make a difference?

LOL at some of the reply's. But yes it is a serious question. By undergarments, you all pretty much KNOW what 3 letter word one I mean,lol.THe robe was a joke. I have been half way reading a thread on the HAL forum about that.;)

Im not a shorts person,thus the capri's. And it will be July,so no sweatshirt for me. Honeslty if I didn't TELL someone they were jammies,you really wouldn't know. :)

ANd yes,by early I do mean daylight,not 9 or 10,and I wont be wearing it to breakfast. I'm a smoker,and my roomie is not,and I like to get up early and start my day with a cup,ok a POT of coffee and a few smokes. Dont gasp...;)

Pleaaasseee don't wear capris. Either wear shorts or wear pants. Pick one!

LOL!!! that's all I have to say about that. see you on the serenity deck!

...Honeslty if I didn't TELL someone they were jammies,you really wouldn't know. :)

... I'm a smoker,and my roomie is not,and I like to get up early and start my day with a cup,ok a POT of coffee and a few smokes. Dont gasp...;)

I know what kind of jammies you're talking about and I think they're totally fine. That's why they were created, right? So you can wear them beyond your bedroom door and still look decent. Perfect for travel, imho.

But I'm just wondering--are you sure smoking is allowed in the Serenity area? For some reason I had the impression that it was a non-smoking area, but I can't back that up with fact and now I'm curious.

Jen

on our last girls cruise we all had matching pjs's (we are in our 30's btw) pink t shirts and pink jammie pants.. and fuzzy flip flop slippers, we all got up around 6am and had coffee and our cigarettes up on deck..( we didnt have a balcony on that cruise) enjoy your jammies, however i think a robe would be a little much..

Don't think of the ship as a hotel.....think of it as a resort.

There are lots of things that go on at resorts that folks may not do at a hotel.

As long as people are covered and clean (and not breaking any of the written dress codes)....go for it.

But I'm just wondering--are you sure smoking is allowed in the Serenity area? For some reason I had the impression that it was a non-smoking area, but I can't back that up with fact and now I'm curious.

They aren't on the Inspiration and Imagination.

OP, as long as they aren't raggedy or overtly pajamas, go for it.

Sometimes I'd rather see peeps in their jammies than in some of the swimsuit attire that I've seen. :eek: It's your vacation, so dress how you want, not how you think others may want you to. Many jammies these days don't even look like jammies anyway.

Archived