Category 4j on Victory - Photos??

amy2313

Hi Everyone,

My friend is on the phone with a travel agent right now and trying to book a cabin for a june sailing on the victory and they are trying to put her in a category 4J which says:

Interior with picture window

(obstructed views)*

The cabin is located directly in the front of the ship.

Does anyone have any photos of these cabins and with it being directly in the front and on the 7th floor, what is the motion like??

There must be something in the way or something that blocks a bit of the view. here is a picture, I don't see anything that makes the view totally obstructed if its the very front of the ship unless the railing blocks some of the bottom part of the window

victory.jpg

Those 4j cabins are located in the front of the ship. They have a walkway in front of the cabin and the passengers can walk in front of the window. The windows are tinted but you can see in your cabin. The ones on the ends are handicap accsesible so the room is a little bigger. They are a good buy. There r photos on webshots.com

There must be something in the way or something that blocks a bit of the view. here is a picture, I don't see anything that makes the view totally obstructed if its the very front of the ship unless the railing blocks some of the bottom part of the window

Those 4j cabins are located in the front of the ship. They have a walkway in front of the cabin and the passengers can walk in front of the window. The windows are tinted but you can see in your cabin. The ones on the ends are handicap accsesible so the room is a little bigger. They are a good buy. There r photos on webshots.com

Thank you to you both - that picture of the Liberty definitely helped to put it in perspective and I am checking webshots right now.

Have you ever had one of these cabins?? Is it more rocky up there? One of the passengers has never cruised before and I don't want her introduction to be that of sea sickness. lol

Thank you to you both - that picture of the Liberty definitely helped to put it in perspective and I am checking webshots right now.

Have you ever had one of these cabins?? Is it more rocky up there? One of the passengers has never cruised before and I don't want her introduction to be that of sea sickness. lol

I couldnt find anything on webshots :(

We were just on the Victory last month and had cabin 9203. You can not see into the cabin from the outside deck during the day, we tried, but at night, when the lights are on you can see in, close the curtains at nite. They do not close off the deck at night, but very few people go out there. The most we saw at any one time was 5-6 people, and that was when we were coming into port. When at sea it is windy on the front decks. It is a great place to watch when you come into port. You can't really see water from inside the cabin unless you are near the window.

See a few pics here. http://photobucket.com/victory9203

We loved the cabin. The layout allows for more room to move around.

We were just on the Victory last month and had cabin 9203. You can not see into the cabin from the outside deck during the day, we tried, but at night, when the lights are on you can see in, close the curtains at nite. They do not close off the deck at night, but very few people go out there. The most we saw at any one time was 5-6 people, and that was when we were coming into port. When at sea it is windy on the front decks. It is a great place to watch when you come into port. You can't really see water from inside the cabin unless you are near the window.

See a few pics here. http://photobucket.com/victory9203

We loved the cabin. The layout allows for more room to move around.

Would you say that this cabin location felt more motion of the waves then elsewhere on the ship?

people can NOT see into your cabin, they are like smoking mirrors. they also close that outside deck at night

I am not sure where your info came from, but I stayed in one last month on the Glory, yes you can see in, not from a distance, but up close and certainly at night.

Aslo no deck was every closed at night.

Cindy

Would you say that this cabin location felt more motion of the waves then elsewhere on the ship?

Our sailing was very smooth seas so we did not feel much motion, but I would think that on heavy seas there would be more motion than in the middle.

My DW tried to look in our window during the day, she put her face against the window and put her hands around her face and could not see in. At nite you could see in when the lites or tv were on.

• 1 year later...

My DW tried to look in our window during the day, she put her face against the window and put her hands around her face and could not see in. At nite you could see in when the lites or tv were on.

We stayed in a 4J cabin on the Carnival Triumph and you could see in the window during the day if you were really close to it. At night they have a sign in your room that tells you to close the curtains (for navigation purposes).

Archived