King David or Puesta del Sol for Stone Island Tour in Mazatlan?

tbae

Hello-

Has anyone used or heard of King David and Puesta del Sol tours in Mazatlan? I am interested to know if their Stone Island Tours differ very much. Is one better than the other? Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

:)

another half answer :rolleyes:- We did King David twice to Stone Island --- it was terrific and Hugo was an excellent guide. We have no knowledge of the other company.

We do Stone Island on our own now - it's very easy - check the Stone Island treads for more details if you're interested.

I have experience with Puesta Del Sol. We had a great day on our Stone Island tour with them. Were promptly met by the tour operator after getting off the ship. We then got a quick trip to visit the old Cathedral in town. The Cathedral is beautiful and interesting. It was a nice 15 minute stop. Then we were taken to where the cliff divers are, and got to see a couple of dives. The divers hope for tips, so be prepared, you driver will invite you to give a tip for them. Next came the 1 hr catamaran ride in the harbor, which was very enjoyable, as it was a perfect day, weatherwise. Stone Island was pretty neat. Rustic. Authentic. If you like the glitz of fancy resort/hotels, this is not the place for you. We were brought to a little restaurant, where we had lunch (part of the tour price). Then we had the choice of two 1/2 hr activities. We chose the horse ride through the sleepy little village, and the kayaking. Then we hung on the beach with friends and relaxed, until it was time to go back. A very nice day, and we felt we got a lot of different activities for our money.

Thanks to all who replied. Gin Don, was the horse back ride only trough the town, or were you able to go on the beach as well? I ask because I went ahead and booked with Puesta del Sol--I decided to (even though I have head TOS of gret stuff about King David and Hugo too) becasue the Puesta website was much better organized and easier to deal with--I hope I made a good chocie. I am :)hoping both companies are good. I will let you know when I get back...

I went with about 20 people last year, Hugo is the BEST. He

took great care of us, the food was great. I have recommened him to

about 75 people, they all come back with GREAT reviews.

I am doing his tour again in Dec and will only go with Hugo. The prices

are good for the care and tour you get.

The horse ride with the Puesta del Sol company is in the little town only. The horses are small and a bit lethargic (but hey, it was 90 degrees out there!). It's a leisurely stroll through the dirt streets of the small settlement.

You will get a real picture of what poor little hamlets in Mexico are like. Most houses had their doors wide open, and we could see the sparse furnishings in the house. Is it an exciting ride? No. But, we really enjoyed the chance to experience something that didn't have "tourist" stamped all over it.

Our friends took the banana thingy ride. If you are into those, let me tell you, they got quite a ride.

Archived