Bodden tours - which guide?

nixietink

There are 6 of us (all 25-33 years old) taking a Bodden tour and I'm wondering which guide we should request?

2 of us are going to the spa, while the other 4 zipline and check out the monkeys. Afterwards, I think we want to go to the beach and snorkel or parasail. Maybe have a few drinks and have lunch. Which beach would be best for this?

Thanks guys!!

I had Channin on January 21st and he was awesome! He's a young guide (25 years old) but seemed to have such an array of information that you'd think he was much older. He took us by Infinity Bay (resort with beach) just to see and I've never seen water so blue. It also seemed very quiet compared to the other beach fronts. Only downfall is that you'd have to pay 15$ for a wristband but you'd get the use of there facilities and the pool too!! You should google it if you think this is something that would be right for you. Otherwise I am sure Channin would know of other places that would suit your needs. My friend and I wanted to stay away from the beaches that day because we were so crispy from the precious days. Good Luck!!

I toured with Victor back in 2004 when his business was just getting started. I asked about the possibility of him doing our tour last August but it wasn't possible. Instead he arranged for his brother Francisco to spend the day with us. Our day in Roatan was the highlight of the cruise for our family. (And we did at least get to meet up with Victor to say "hi"!)

Lots of photos of our day with Francisco are in my review if you want to see what we did. (Link is in my signature below.)

Just returned and used Bodden. I can't say enough about their service...it was wonderful. There was only me and DH so it was very personal. Had Tex and he was great. I am sure any guide would be OK.

I couldn't agree more with this. They were great. Wander if Victor ever thought of maybe allowing 'guide" reviews on his website.!? :D

If you are just going to to the beach you don't really need a tour guide. Any cab driver knows the same few sights to point out. We had a huge problem with a driver in Jan. Victor promised us a refund but it was never received so I cannot recommend him at all. He has no control over their actions and will not stand behind them.

We just returned and had Jose (call me Joseph) as our guide for the day. Just two of us and we toured non-tourist areas before spending several hours on the beach. We did make a stop at a local shop specializing in hand-carved wooden objects from benches and large chests to doors and boxes to cops and serving dishes.

Joseph recommended The Beach Club at San Simon and negotiated when all their umbrellas were reserved. We ended up with a king-sized platform with thick mattress suspended by ropes and covered by a trellis that broke up the light. Cost was $10 pp for the day. The snapper sandwich and lobster enchiladas were excellent.

A great day just as we asked for. Thanks Joseph!

If you want to know history and culture and local stuff etc. CHOOCE WORDY! we would love to have him as our guide again! He stopped at a gas station so I could try local banana soda and showed us EVERYTHING. He offered to take us to a place to try iguana (yes i mean to eat) be we never got hungry! We did some touristy things too but it was totally up our alleys with th culture. He told us about daily life showed us all kinds of neat stuff. for instance, on the island youll see many unfinnished houses. these are not really because they dont have the money to finish them but if they finish thm they have to pay taxes, so they keep them under construction for years! ;) we learned hundreds of things liek that! CHOOSE WORDY! tell him the couple who liked the banana soda and bought a painting from melvin says hi! :)

We just got back and had Hanno for the day. He was great and we had the best day of our cruise. Roatan is such a beautiful port. I had Tex last June and those are two of best drivers. If you request either one of those you will be very happy.

We've used Hanno twice and love him. He is a great guide and a true gentleman. He knows a lot about the island and can suggest many great activitues and places to go. He is very flexible though, so he will arrange the tour to make sure you have a great time.

My sister and I felt very comfortable with him as our guide. When we came back for a second visit, we made sure to request him a second time.

If the requested guides are already booked, I trust Victor will choose a great guide for all those who reserve. He wants to make sure his guest have a memorable visit.

We were in Roatan in November and we had Kemberlee. She is young but very informative. Her husband is actually Channin, another Victor Bodden tour guide. We made a stop at a pier and there were children out on it fishing and she took us over there and they ended up catching a starfish for us to see and hold and one boy even caught a baracudda. She later told us that some of those children were her cousins. She answered any question that we had and even shared many stories with us.

Archived