St Thomas...island tour, Mountaintop, donkey, Secret Harbor, great day

sharecruises

St Thomas...wonderful day...picked up a jitney open air bus at the port, 13 of us on board....we went all over the hills and wow what a view

Mountain top is once again open so we stopped there....really a huge and somewhat pricey shopping place now LOL>> very cute bar with "banana" stools and lots of pirate statues that made for nice photo ops

enjoyed a yummy "world famous banana daquori"

We stopped at another overlook where a guy was "promoting" his goat Princess....

then we stopped at a little "flea" market with great prices....and there was "Monica Lewinsky" LOL>> the same donkey I met in St Thomas years ago...she was wearing her flower decked straw hat and flower necklace and of course we had to get a picture with her...her "trainer" claims she is 10 years old and "loves" her "work" LOL

He said "she be drinking Guinness and smokin cigars" >>>haha...I said to him...don't you mean YOU are drinking Guinness and smoking cigars haha???

The guy with the goat needs to dress her up to make her a "star" like Monica LOL

Our driver agreed to drop those who wanted beach off at MY choice : Secret Harbor

and it proved to be a great choice......lovely beach, lots of fish in water,

no one bothered us....they rent chairs for $5 but we just spread out towels on the beach

Very few people there....some hotel guests, about 5 young crew members from Royal Carribean....just perfect

I am soooo glad I didn't go to Megans Bay where all the cruise ships go

we had 7 ships in port and this beach was so empty....wonderful :)

Our driver had taken some of the group back to Havensight and he came back for us exactly 2 hours later as promised for no extra charge...we paid $25 each for this great service!

We were NOT all squished into the bus like some of the "name" popular operators do...and we made our own itinerary....none of this "drop you off for shopping" nonsense...I had NO desire to go into Charlotte Amalie

I did shop a bit at the Havensight when we came back from Secret Harbour

Sounds like you had a great time ! Thinking of going to Mountain Top in May.

How much was the cab from the pier - I read somewhere on these boards that the Banana Daquris are small (dixie cups someone said) is that true ? How much were they ?

Would recommend going to mt top?

Archived