Has anyone used "Bags to go"?

waterbugohio

OK, just saw this on a old thread. Has anyone used them?

It is a service that allows you to check your bags at Port Everglades and be stored at the airport until you leave for your flight. The website is a little scarce on information and I was surprised I haven't seen more mention of it on these boards. Seems like a great option for those with late day flights (like us)

Anyone???

Used this service a few years ago when cruising with RCI out of San Juan.

Best $20.00 per bag we've ever spent. Had a late flight out of San Juan and took a tour which dropped us off downtown San Juan before heading to the airport. Never saw our luggage again until we landed in Detroit.:D

We just used it two weeks ago in FLL. Loved it. We paid $20 per person. They picked up our bags the night before we got off the ship, and we didn't see them till later that night when we got home and off the airplane. It was nice not to have to look for the bags at the port and then drag them to the airport. Also, At Fll. they were not letting people check their luggage until 2 hours before their flight. Lots of people had to sit outside with their luggage and wait. We had way more than two hours, but since we had no luggage, and the ship had given us our boarding passes the night before, we just walked right in the airport and went through security. Will do it again from now on.

Claudia

Sorry for the confusion. I am not asking about "luggage valet" That is a service offered by the ship.

The service I am referring to is apparently offered at the port, The company is "bags to go" and if I am reading the website correctly, they just take your bags and hold them for the day. You retrieve them from the airport before checking in.

anyone???

Sorry for the confusion. I am not asking about "luggage valet" That is a service offered by the ship.

The service I am referring to is apparently offered at the port, The company is "bags to go" and if I am reading the website correctly, they just take your bags and hold them for the day. You retrieve them from the airport before checking in.

anyone???

We have used this service at Port Everglades about 5 times when sailing on Princess. It applied to Southwest flights only when we used it....

Immediately outside the disembarkation terminal they had their truck and terminals set up. Cost was $10 per bag... they gave us our boarding passes and we went right to security avoiding the long check in lines at FLL.... we next saw our bags at our final destination. Never had a problem.

We were told that it can be used for flights only after 11:00 AM. Seems like it only work or work best if you disembarked early and carry off your own luggage as the ship controls when you disembark otherwise.

One thing to remember also is Bags-to-Go gives you your boarding passes on your connceting flights also.... I have read on these boards where the EZ check program on the ships only gives you your boarding pass for the first flight.

We have used this service at Port Everglades about 5 times when sailing on Princess. It applied to Southwest flights only when we used it....

Immediately outside the disembarkation terminal they had their truck and terminals set up. Cost was $10 per bag... they gave us our boarding passes and we went right to security avoiding the long check in lines at FLL.... we next saw our bags at our final destination. Never had a problem.

We were told that it can be used for flights only after 11:00 AM. Seems like it only work or work best if you disembarked early and carry off your own luggage as the ship controls when you disembark otherwise.

One thing to remember also is Bags-to-Go gives you your boarding passes on your connceting flights also.... I have read on these boards where the EZ check program on the ships only gives you your boarding pass for the first flight.

Bob, thanks for this info.

Did you sign up ahead of time or just do it when you left the ship?

sounds like something that would work great for us.

Did you sign up ahead of time or just do it when you left the ship?

No sign up required...just walk up to the truck...couldn't miss it.

I have seen some postings on various forums that Southwest is going to participate in the EZ check programs offer on the ship but can't confirm it....

In any case, the Bags to Go works great....

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I have used the bags to go service many times in the past and it was a great service. However, Southwest recently switched and now works with a new company, Bags Inc. Bags to go now will take your bags to FLL and store them for you, but you will still need to pick them up and check them in. Bags Inc. is usually associated with onboard check with the cruise lines. I have attached details of the program offered with Bags Inc for Holland America and I would think other cruise lines would be similiar. Oh, and the cost was the same. Bags to go charged $20 per person to checkin @ the pier.

baggage.pdf

Is this the company: http://www.baggagecheckin.com/services.php?lc=3 If so, do I have to make a reservation beforehand, or can I just do it at the port?

Yes, That is correct for bags to go. If you decide to use that service, just remember you will need to pick up your bags and check them in with your airline @ FLL. Bags to go transfers the baggage and stores it for you, but doesn't check it in.

Rich- thank you! What terminal are they located in at the airport? Do I need a reservation?

Yes, I make a reservation for the service, that way the truck driver knows to expect you. They are located downstairs in the Southwest terminal at the far end of the building. Sorry, I don't know the terminal number. But, at one end of the building there are escalators, and at the very far other end are some offices, and Bags to go office is way at the end past all the luggage carousels. I believe they also have offices in the other terminals too, but as I only fly with Southwest I would not be able to tell you where the office is located at in the other terminals. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions I can try to answer.

Thanks. I will go ahead and reserve online later today. I noticed that my "cart" earlier had no price- do you only pay the day of?

Hi Amy,

That must be something new. My credit card was always charged as soon as I booked the service online.

Rich

Well, I tried to book and I think their website is having some tech issues! First it took me to the cart after filling in everything, and it told me my cart was empty. I finally got to the credit card part, said I wanted two bags, no cost listed, and then it said the page was having some problems with the credit card part. I will try again another day. :)

So do you have to reserve bags to go ahead of time??

I would like to decide once we are on board.

Also, any idea where to find this service when we leave the ship?? What are we looking for at the port??

Can we find them on the day we leave to talk to someone and get a little more info??

Well, I tried to book and I think their website is having some tech issues! First it took me to the cart after filling in everything, and it told me my cart was empty. I finally got to the credit card part, said I wanted two bags, no cost listed, and then it said the page was having some problems with the credit card part. I will try again another day. :)

Amy, have you been able to book. Also, when do you sail? We leave March 30th for a cruise on the 31st. Looks like you are right before us.

Wondering if we have to have reservations? Never know with 7 women, we could change our mind and do something completely different!!!

Amy,

will you let me know what you find out. I may also try to call tomorrow if I have time. thanks

I emailed the company yesterday to alert them of the problems I was having. They emailed me back today and told me it was a problem and that it was now fixed. I just went to the site and was able to book! Yay- one less thing to worry about now.

Archived