Why can not believe negative reviews

mbeginner

On our cruise with MSC with us at the table was a couple who was very pleased with the boat, food, services, etc.., The third night they talk a restaurant manager, said there were a lot of cruise to various companies and write reviews to Cruise Critic and what they can get even more will not write bad reviews on the CC. Restaurant manager replied that they could get absolutely everything stated on the menu and all drinks at these prices, well as all the passengers on board. From that moment on they were not anything good on board, food, services, etc., I asked the restaurant manager, who puts us at another table, I do not want to sit with these people, I do not believe all the negative criticism, because some malicious

Sorry for my bad English

That is very interesting...I don't always believe them anyway because most things are very personal...what one person sees as a problem another might not mind. We LOVE MSC and although every vacation can have good and bad points, we are loyal to them.

I learned 10 years ago not to trust too much to any review. About 10 years ago we had to fined cruise one month before cruising day. Everything was or sold out or big $$$.So we had no choice but book Costa. We did not had good feeling about it because all these bad reviews on CC. God,we had best cruise ever ,we had so much fun .I showed my video to my friends who had near 40 cruises on any possible line,they never had as much fun as we had on Costa.Then next year we booked NCL ,on this time reviews on CC been so good ,but it was our first time and last time on NCL.

I agree ....... don't believe everything to read / hear on any cruise line / ship / tour. Each is a personal taste anyway.

I must admit I was very concerned about our recent MSC Splendida 22 day cruise after reading so many comments / complaints etc.

We arrived home last night (April 12 2011) after spending 22 wonderful days aboard the MSC Splendida. I can't say everything was perfect (for us) but what we used on board and what we did suited us just fine. Our cabin was better than expected and my only complaint was the lack of view on our balcony. We booked an outside cabin with balcony and paid the extra only because we knew there would be over 3800 people on board for 22 days and we knew we would need 'time out'.

But we had a severley restricted view (with life boats AND hydrolic lift) we paid the top dollar for this particular cabin and in a sense got an inside cabin with no view.

We could not even use the balcony. We asked to change and they allocated another cabin for 5 days only.

But other than that, the cruise / the food / the staff etc all were great.

On our cruise with MSC with us at the table was a couple who was very pleased with the boat, food, services, etc.., The third night they talk a restaurant manager, said there were a lot of cruise to various companies and write reviews to Cruise Critic and what they can get even more will not write bad reviews on the CC. Restaurant manager replied that they could get absolutely everything stated on the menu and all drinks at these prices, well as all the passengers on board. From that moment on they were not anything good on board, food, services, etc., I asked the restaurant manager, who puts us at another table, I do not want to sit with these people, I do not believe all the negative criticism, because some malicious

Sorry for my bad English

mbeginner.... your English is fine.... better than some people who have English as a first language! :)

We sailed on the MSC Poesia last November, after reading many negative reviews.

We booked because it was a good cheap deal.... we didn't expect it to be wonderful, but we needed a break!

it turned out to be the best cruise we ever had....

Food, service, staff and entertainment were way superior to any other lines (Carnival NCL, RCCL) we'd sailed on...

For our next cruise, MSC will be the first line we choose!!!

There's a saying that, for the vast majority (myself included), one's perception of reality is 10% 'real' and 90% how I react to that... Most bashing reviews of any cruise or cruiseline are exercises in making mountains out of molehills IMHO; most big ship cruise lines operate in basically the same way, they are far more similar than dissimilar. Very few cruises encounter significant product delivery issues.

Now MSC has a few minor operating differences compared to the Carnival Corp. - RCI family of cruiselines, plus its passenger demographic is considerably more varied - or different. A lot of people automatically equate different with 'bad'. So - the line's detractors are correct to the extent that, if one has that tendancy (and more pax do that than anyone wants to admit) then MSC will provide much cannon fodder for griping. As one of the ney-sayers admonishes [paraphasing], 'You can't deny people their right to gripe, they [the customer] is always right, their perspective is their's; MSC is therefore 'inferior' because more reviews are negative and a prudent cruiser would avoid the line.' That is a tough argument to counter, but its sort of a 'mob justice' rationale.

For the North American used to the Carnival Corp. - RCI 'norm', one needs to go into it with the right attitude.

I still find it interesting that Doug Ward of the 'Berlitz Cruise Guide' holds MSC in so much higher regard than so many North American cruisers and cruise media. Like the ney-sayers say, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Archived