My Pride of America review & 1,825 photos!!

If you haven't seen it on the Hawaii boards yet, I wrote a detailed review of my Nov-Dec cruise on Pride of America:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/hawaii-2010/

I also just finish uploading all 1,825 photos from the trip:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/collections/72157625517333361/

This was a fantastic cruise and we're doing it again in Sept! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!!

If you haven't seen it on the Hawaii boards yet, I wrote a detailed review of my Nov-Dec cruise on Pride of America:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/hawaii-2010/

I also just finish uploading all 1,825 photos from the trip:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/collections/72157625517333361/

This was a fantastic cruise and we're doing it again in Sept! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!!

Wow. Thanks for a truly amazing review with wonderful pictures. I cannot even imagine the time and effort that went into completing this. We have been to Hawaii twice. This makes me want to consider a 3rd visit, but there are so many other places we have not visited yet.:)

Thank you so much.

We are planning our trip and I am going to send my husband the link to your review/photos to look at to help him. He has done no research yet.

Absolutely loved the t-shirts that you made as well....can you give me a little insight on to how you created them...did you do it all on the computer because they were fantastic! We both wear a lot of t-shirts so I would love to create some of these for our cruise....thanks :)

Thanks so much for the information - will have to see what I can come up with since Photoshop and I aren't really friends....can't wait to hear what you plan for your next Hawaiian cruise

If you like my design, I can change it to your dates and send it to you. You can then use CafePress to print the shirts or you can just use iron-on shirt transfers. Warning about the shirt transfers is that they won't last after washing it. If you want a shirt to keep forever, go through CafePress.

If you're interested in the design, send me an e-mail (link in my signature).

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed your photos.We are booked on Sept 10 sailing. We have an aft balcony on 7th deck so your stern shot of the ship was great to see the location.

Hi, Dehaven! My husband and I are also on the September 10th sailing of the Pride of America! Come join our small roll call!:)

Where in Arizona do you live? Our son and grandchildren live in Scottsdale.

Have you got any tours or excursions planned yet?:confused: Is this your first time to Hawaii?:confused:

Enjoyed your photos.We are booked on Sept 10 sailing. We have an aft balcony on 7th deck so your stern shot of the ship was great to see the location.

You're welcome! Glad it's helpful!! We are on the sailing after yours so don't get too rowdy on that ship! ;)

Aloha,

Great photos ....thanks for posting them. I can't wait for tomorrow. In case you check CC...can you tell me about what time you were able to get into your cabin. We live on the island so there isn't any need to leave early. We will be hand carrying some wine and don't really want to lug it around all day.

Thanks for the help.

Aloha,

Great photos ....thanks for posting them. I can't wait for tomorrow. In case you check CC...can you tell me about what time you were able to get into your cabin. We live on the island so there isn't any need to leave early. We will be hand carrying some wine and don't really want to lug it around all day.

Thanks for the help.

I believe cabins are ready around 1-2 pm but we went sightseeing and didn't come back until around 4 pm so our cabin was definitely ready by then. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and your pictures are beautiful.

We will be on her early this December. I just realized this is about the same time you cruised her last year. How is the weather during this time of year? Was there any cool nights? I think I remembered seeing some Christmas decorations up in your pictures. Was POA decorated for Christmas?

Thanks,

Sheila

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and your pictures are beautiful.

We will be on her early this December. I just realized this is about the same time you cruised her last year. How is the weather during this time of year? Was there any cool nights? I think I remembered seeing some Christmas decorations up in your pictures. Was POA decorated for Christmas?

Thanks,

Sheila

Hi, Sheila!! Glad you enjoyed my review and photos!! The weather was wonderful! I wore sleeveless shirts and dresses pretty much the whole time. There was some bouts of wind, rain, and fog when we went the Haleakala Crater in Maui and Waimea Canyon in Kauai but this was pretty isolated to those areas. I'd bring a waterproof jacket if you plan to visit either. I was only cold at Haleakala Crater in Maui because it was raining and windy there. I wore convertible pants the whole trip so I just zipped the legs back on when I realized it was cold. :) I don't recall there being any cold nights on the ship or on shore but I did bring my jacket in the evenings just in case. We drove almost every port so it was convenient to keep a jacket in the car.

POA was decorated for Christmas but honestly, I don't think it was much. There was a Christmas tree in the Lobby Atrium and some Christmas centerpieces at the tables in the dining room. That's really all I remember there being.

Hi, Sheila!! Glad you enjoyed my review and photos!! The weather was wonderful! I wore sleeveless shirts and dresses pretty much the whole time. There was some bouts of wind, rain, and fog when we went the Haleakala Crater in Maui and Waimea Canyon in Kauai but this was pretty isolated to those areas. I'd bring a waterproof jacket if you plan to visit either. I was only cold at Haleakala Crater in Maui because it was raining and windy there. I wore convertible pants the whole trip so I just zipped the legs back on when I realized it was cold. :) I don't recall there being any cold nights on the ship or on shore but I did bring my jacket in the evenings just in case. We drove almost every port so it was convenient to keep a jacket in the car.

POA was decorated for Christmas but honestly, I don't think it was much. There was a Christmas tree in the Lobby Atrium and some Christmas centerpieces at the tables in the dining room. That's really all I remember there being.

Thanks Rebecca for your reply. You have been very helpful...off to check out your day 11.

Sheila

Archived