Check your emails from Carnival.

ksj620

I have a cruise booked on the Valor for December, 2011. I just received an email from Carnival Special Rates Department telling me that I had not met the demands for documentation necessary for my discounted rate. I am booked under a past guest rate and there is no special requirement other than having cruised before. This will be cruise number 6 for me and they do have my past guest number. The representative I spoke with told me that they are just becoming aware of this glitch in the system. I was her third call in an hour. I asked her to make a notation in my file that I called and asked for clarification and that I was assured there was no further documents needed. I just wanted to let you know that this may happen to you.

Karen

I have a cruise booked on the Valor for December, 2011. I just received an email from Carnival Special Rates Department telling me that I had not met the demands for documentation necessary for my discounted rate. I am booked under a past guest rate and there is no special requirement other than having cruised before. This will be cruise number 6 for me and they do have my past guest number. The representative I spoke with told me that they are just becoming aware of this glitch in the system. I was her third call in an hour. I asked her to make a notation in my file that I called and asked for clarification and that I was assured there was no further documents needed. I just wanted to let you know that this may happen to you.

Karen

Since CCL definitely lacks certain documentation qualities, I would have forwarded that person the email and asked them to reply with what they told you. It's better to have a reply back in writing.

Karen

I would still keep an eye on your cruise on the Carnival site :p

Hmm I know some on the board have claimed to search for states that offer residency rates and then submit a rate reduction based on that state. Wonder if this is a way to prevent that in the future.

Mine was legit, so there's no excuse. Their webmaster must be a drooling 2 year old.

Mine was legit, so there's no excuse. Their webmaster must be a drooling 2 year old.

No, I mean someone that lived in say Texas used the residency rate for Georgia, solely because it was the lowest rate they could find on the website.

Evidently, its easy to get away with and they never checked according to some people.

I got the email as well and called .While Carmen answered her phone laughing she said the computer system went crazy,I said is this why you were laughing she said yes and busted out laughing!!

Whats so funny about this.Large Corporation cant hire programmers and web designers to make things easy for customers

Our public library sent me an e-mail to inform me I had an overdue book. I called since I didn't have any books checked out at the time and the librarian said a glitch had occured and sent out over a thousand e-mails to people telling them they had an overdue book, which they did not have. It has happened twice this year.

I'm also booked on the Valor in January and my cruise is no longer showing up on the website. I've searched by ship, date, and itinerary but nothing. I then went into my reservation and it shows my billing info and guest names but no itinerary info. I wonder what is going on???

My husband and I are booked in a suite and the price has gone up since I booked it. I started to panic when I got the email thinking I was going to have to pay a lot more than I originally thought. I did speak to two different people and they both assured me that there was no problem with my booking. I will keep checking. Have a great day everyone.

Karen

Glad I came on here and saw this. I received the email too and it had me worried! I emailed Carnival asking what this letter was all about, but obviously haven't gotten a response yet since I only sent it a few minutes ago.

When I tried to pay off my balance a few weeks ago online (resident rate) it kept saying I didn't meet requirements. Finally had to call Carnival directly and get it straightened out. Carnival has possibly the worst website ever!!!

Just suggesting an edit to the above comment to read as: Carnival definately, absolutely, beyond any shadow of any doubt, has the worst, user unfriendly, technologically challenged website ever!!!

I'm also booked on the Valor in January and my cruise is no longer showing up on the website. I've searched by ship, date, and itinerary but nothing. I then went into my reservation and it shows my billing info and guest names but no itinerary info. I wonder what is going on???

This happened to me earlier in the year (February) when I booked my October cruise on the Destiny. Come to find out, the ship was chartered and they cancelled my cruise. I hope this doesn't happen to you. They moved me to another sailing, then when the original charter got cancelled, moved me back only to charter it again. It was fun believe me. Thankfully, my PVP was there to help me and offer me advice or else I would be sailing on another line in October. Good Luck.

Hmm I know some on the board have claimed to search for states that offer residency rates and then submit a rate reduction based on that state. Wonder if this is a way to prevent that in the future.

When I look at my profile now it tells me what state I live in so I don't think others will be able to do that anylonger. In fact there was a price decrease for a kansas resident and even though my sis is from there my claim was denied but it was excepted when she put it in.

When I tried to pay off my balance a few weeks ago online (resident rate) it kept saying I didn't meet requirements. Finally had to call Carnival directly and get it straightened out. Carnival has possibly the worst website ever!!!

And what amazes me about that is that the sister lines that CCL owns have top notch websites! :confused:

I called that department this morning, just to make completely sure (hey, this is mah CRUZ we're talking about! ;) ). They said I'm ES, paid in full, it all looks good. The letter was sent in error, just disregard it.

That is an insult to drooling 2 year olds. :p

Actually, as smart as kids are these days, the 2 yr. old may do a better job...... I have to agree about Carnival's Web site, not the best for sure!:(

Archived