Just off the Maiden voyage of Breeze this morning (6/15)...ask if you have questions

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will do my best to answer them. The cruise was amazing, and we really loved the ship.....the new designer did wonders for the interior. So ask away. Still in Barcelona, so I will answer as I get time.

Q: Did you try any of the new dining venues?

A: We ate at the Steakhouse three times, and each time is was absolutely outstanding. Did not have a chance to eat at the Cucina...but I did for lunch when it was the pasta bar, and that was outstanding. Guy's burgers are really good....had two of them. Tried the Blue Iguana burritos.....so so....we have Chipotle in Dallas where I live, and those are much better.

Q: Did you try Bonsai? Thrill theatre? Red Frog Pub?

How was the food overall? Cabin? New shows?

A: Did not try Bonsai.....looked at it, and the sushi is WAY BETTER looking than the free stuff they used to give away. The movie choices on Thrill Theater every time we had the time to go were children's movies, so we did not go....maybe someone else can answer that. We ate in the Dining room several times, and both the food and service was outstanding each time. The decor in the cabins is very nice....no more pink :-) ....We had an aft wrap (9475)...not considered a Vista room, so it is less expansive. It is a smaller room, but the balcony is pretty awesome....it was a bit colder in the Med than I anticipated, so we should not use the balcony as much as I would have liked. The new shows are good...oh, and John did a bedtime story which was absolutely hilarious..

Keep asking.....

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Just had a few questions:

1) Which dining room is used for those who have fixed seating - Blush or Sapphire?

2) How many formal nights did you have?

3) How was the food in the MDR?

Thanks so much! Have a wonderful time in Barcelona.

Glad you enjoyed your time. So excited to hear about the new ship!

Was the serenity deck any bigger than it is on the other ships? Is there plenty of shade there?

Do you need to pay extra for the other restaurants other than for the sushi?

Q: Just curious, did you run into any of the filming with Janell Wheeler?

A: Yes, twice....was wondering who that was.....

Q: Was regular breakfast and lunch served in the Aft Dining Room on sea days?

A: We only ate breakfast at Lido marketplace...which is really nice by the way....so I do not have an answer for you.

Q: Which dining room is used for those who have fixed seating - Blush or Sapphire? Sapphire upper and all of Blush. Sapphire lower was ATD which is what we had.

Q: How many formal nights did you have?

A: Only one....and I forgot to bring pants for formal night...had to wear jeans which meant we couldn't go into the steakhouse on formal night (only night they do not allow jeans), so we moved our reservation to the next day.

Q: How was the food in the MDR?

A: Outstanding.....even the flat iron steak was good....first time in a while that happened....oh, and SHRIMP COCKTAIL was on the menu EVERY NIGHT as a starter.

Q: Did the have regular Bfast & lunch in 1 DR while they had the comedy Brunch?

A: We spent all of our lunch times in Lido marketplace...it really is a cool place now....had Guy's burger twice, and pasta twice....I believe Blush DR is where those events took place.

Glad you had a good cruise.:) Mine is still so far away.

Wondering if there is still afternoon tea on sea days? And is there still a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night? Did you try a Guy's burger?

Thanks, Heather

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will do my best to answer them. The cruise was amazing, and we really loved the ship.....the new designer did wonders for the interior. So ask away. Still in Barcelona, so I will answer as I get time.

bassmaster150,

Thank you for sharing.

I have a few questions and hope they are not silly ones..

We've always wanted to do a cruise overseas, but heard a few negative things

about certain areas that we continue to think about it but don't do anything

about cruising overseas.

1- What did you do as far as finding a shuttle from the airport to hotel

hotel to the port?? (reasonable??)

2- Any hotels that provide both??

3- Do you feel safe in the Barcelona area??

4- Jet lag. How many days ahead should we travel before and after a cruise??

Thanks again. Enjoy your time there.

P.S. We were on Carnival Dream Dec. 2010. We like the ship, the only thing we did not like was the lay out of the buffet line, poorly design, did they change it on the Carnival Breeze???

Q: Just curious, did you run into any of the filming with Janell Wheeler?

A: Yes, twice....was wondering who that was.....

Q: Was regular breakfast and lunch served in the Aft Dining Room on sea days?

A: We only ate breakfast at Lido marketplace...which is really nice by the way....so I do not have an answer for you.

Q: Which dining room is used for those who have fixed seating - Blush or Sapphire? Sapphire upper and all of Blush. Sapphire lower was ATD which is what we had.

Q: How many formal nights did you have?

A: Only one....and I forgot to bring pants for formal night...had to wear jeans which meant we couldn't go into the steakhouse on formal night (only night they do not allow jeans), so we moved our reservation to the next day.

Q: How was the food in the MDR?

A: Outstanding.....even the flat iron steak was good....first time in a while that happened....oh, and SHRIMP COCKTAIL was on the menu EVERY NIGHT as a starter.

Thanks bassmaster! One more question - is Blush the forward dining room or is it Sapphire? Just wanted to be sure which was which!

I have not been on a Carnival ship for many years. I have read on Cruise Critic on other ships you have to make daily reservations for Anytime dining and the theater.

Did you take any pictures of the Breeze.

Q: What did you do as far as finding a shuttle from the airport to hotel

hotel to the port?? (reasonable??)

A: Cruise started in Venice, so we used Venicelink.com to get agualinia from airport to our hotel, and hotel to pier. About 40 euros from airport for two, and 8 euros from hotel to pier one way. Used an excursion from carnival (Montserrat) to get us to our hotel. Will take a cab in the morning to airport.

Q: Any hotels that provide both??

A: I am sure it depends on where you sail out of

Q: Do you feel safe in the Barcelona area??

A: We are in the Diagonal Mar area which is quite new.....we feel VERY SAFE

Q: Jet lag. How many days ahead should we travel before and after a cruise??

A: So get to the location (overnight flight). Then make sure that you stay up ALL DAY, and do not take a nap. Go to sleep at the normal dark time (i.e. 10:00pm) and sleep until you wake up. This will help you adjust. We flew in two days before to take in all of Venice that we could. I have one recovery day before I have to go back to work so we will see how I last.

Q: We were on Carnival Dream Dec. 2010. We like the ship, the only thing we did not like was the lay out of the buffet line, poorly design, did they change it on the Carnival Breeze???

A: The new Lido marketplace is the bomb. lines move very fast, and the design is more open and friendly.

Q: I have read on Cruise Critic on other ships you have to make daily reservations for Anytime dining and the theater.

A: Absolutely false. for ATD, you just show up at any time you want. Sometimes there is a line, sometimes there is not. For shows, you just show up and get a seat in the theater.

Q: Did you have good for food???

A: Absolutely...especially in the steakhouse. We ate there three times. The food on Lido and in the main dining room was outstanding as well.

Q: Do you see towel animals in lido deck??

A: Unfortunately I did not, but I did talk to Mr Radu the same day he took the photos. I wish I would have seen it....it looked really cool in the photos!!

Q: Wondering if there is still afternoon tea on sea days?

A: Didn't know they even had this, so I never looked for it.

Q: And is there still a free bottle of wine in the steakhouse on the first night?

A: I believe there is. We ate on the third night, and we do not drink, so I do not have that answer for you.

Q: Did you try a Guy's burger?

A: Yes, twice......and I liked them.....I only had two because I have been watching my weight, and based on how they cook them, etc...they are loaded with calories......but if you have to indulge, it is a good way to indulge.

Q: Did you have good for food???

A: Absolutely...especially in the steakhouse. We ate there three times. The food on Lido and in the main dining room was outstanding as well.

Q: Do you see towel animals in lido deck??

A: Unfortunately I did not, but I did talk to Mr Radu the same day he took the photos. I wish I would have seen it....it looked really cool in the photos!!

Thanks for answers! One more time...

Do you like show time?

Q: Why did you get off?

A: They made us....I should complain about that. :-)

Q: Thanks for answering questions! What type of cabin did you have?

A: Aft Wrap (9475). It is on deck 9, just under lido, so you do get chair noise. It is not considered a vista cabin, and it is a bit smaller than other cabins because part of it is blocked off for a crew staircase. But the balcony is really nice. With the exception of the Stromboli sail by as well as Monte Carlo, the better side to be on for these Med cruises is the Port side.

Cabin 9475 Balcony

Presentation2.jpg

Presentation1.jpg

Room photo - not a good photo but all I have

DSC_0574.jpg

Archived