Anyone used the parking garage?

Chooz2Cruz

Park2go. We are doing the repo cruise out of Bayonne, ending in San Juan. So.......cannot park at the pier, as it will not be open when we return, on a Monday eve. This garage offers parking with a transfer to the pier, and then, p/u at EWR upon our return flight after spending 2 days in San Juan. Most other parking facilities will only take us to the airport, not the pier. So that requires catching a cab after transfer to airport, which will cost maybe $50.

Any experiences with Park2go? Just want to be sure it is safe/secure. Thanks

What is your quote including tax from Park2Go for the number of days you will be away? If you search Newark Airport parking coupons you will see a bunch of places in the $7-8 + tax range. http://Www.airportparkingreservations.com I would consider the Doubletree (formerly the Sheraton which offers a $48 weekly rate. I did a park/ sleep there several years ago and was very happy. You can easily arrange a cab or car service from the hotel rather than running around to the airport on shuttles. If you do choose the Doubletree, go on their web site and print out the directions. If you get off the turnpike at exit 14, you must take I78 LOCAL and get off at the very first exit Frontage Road.

I'm really not keen on the Park2go location and some of their reviews are sketchy. If everything goes fine, it's fine, but if there are any issues you may be SOOL.

Thank you. when you say "location" is sketchy, is it in a bad area? Do you think we can readily get a cab from the hotel? to get to the ship. Were they prompt upon return to pick you up? We arrive late, and have to drive home, so just don't want to be waiting around for the shuttle for a long time.

Thank you. when you say "location" is sketchy, is it in a bad area? Do you think we can readily get a cab from the hotel? to get to the ship. Were they prompt upon return to pick you up? We arrive late, and have to drive home, so just don't want to be waiting around for the shuttle for a long time.

First, it is a PITA to get to that hotel...and it is not in the best area near the airport...

it's a little more easily accessible to unsavories....i wouldn't park there..

the Doubletree is not a bad place...a little easier to find (easy is relative...as 138 suggested get GOOD directions..pay attention and do NOT rely on GPS-they flake out up there and often send you on one way streets to noplace..)

yes you can get a cab from a hotel to a ship...we suggest booking a car service, or calling your own cab- often, especially up there, hotels get kickbacks from calling various cars and the rate may be higher....

there are links to hotels, etc in my blog..and if you click the cape lib hotel photo link below..i THINK i have doubletree pix..

Meg - I think we're confusing the OP. Were you referring to Park2Go as "that hotel"?

I also would not park at Park2Go. I prefer the areas on the north side of the airport (Ramada, Doubletree, Fairfield Inn) or the southeast side on Glimcher Realty Way (Courtyard, Country Inns, Residence Inn).

The Doubletree is a full service hotel with a doorman and services. It's a much better place to wait for a pick up. And the Doubletree is the closest airport hotel to the port.

Meg - I think we're confusing the OP. Were you referring to Park2Go as "that hotel"?

I also would not park at Park2Go. I prefer the areas on the north side of the airport (Ramada, Doubletree, Fairfield Inn) or the southeast side on Glimcher Realty Way (Courtyard, Country Inns, Residence Inn).

The Doubletree is a full service hotel with a doorman and services. It's a much better place to wait for a pick up. And the Doubletree is the closest airport hotel to the port.

Whoops. :o:confused::p....for some reason i am mixing that and the crowne plaza....however... I think p2g is near the crowne plaza...in the same yuckiola part of the area...

Ugh....must.sleep.more.

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

So if I planned to park at the Doubletree.....do you recommend a specific car service to the peir? About how much would it cost? Can they drop you right at the check in?

yes they drop you right at the 'tent' ...drop off bags, go into terminal to check in....

as for car service....see my answer to your question on the other thread...and check the link to my blog....below...for some car/van service options.....

Archived