Navigator of the Seas Cabin 9390

Hi cruisers, this was a question posed by Emilymad on another post (but I brought it here so as to keep the other discussion more on track).

This sort of off topic but I see you were in cabin 9390. We are in that cabin in July. How was it? We picked it because we are traveling with a group and need close inside cabins.

Hi Emilymad -

Yes you're right it is, LOL! Tell you what -- I'll post my reply in the main Royal Caribbean forum. Regards, -Roger-

9390 was wonderful and I'm now spoiled for the CORNER aft balconies (which this is). The location was perfect for me -- and I appreciated that our cabin entrance was in its own alcove, away from the corridor and all the other cabins. There might be a tiny bit of soot on the railing or chairs some days, due to the nearby smokestack and depending on the weather/wind -- but this was not a bother to either of us, and our great steward at the time (Issac) wiped off the balcony every day. The cabin is perfect for two. I would stay here again, and again, and again.

In fact, I prefer this cabin (or its twin 9690) to the corner aft balcony on Deck 10 (1388 and 1688) -- for the VIEW. 1388 and 1688 are larger, but your view straight up from their balcony contains a little more of the back of the Windjammer. Really it's not much, and No Biggie for most people, but I came to really prefer the "nothing but sky" feel from 9390's balcony when I looked up.

9390/9690 has the distinctive view porthole, also, that is large enough for most people to sit in, which I liked alot. You also have a great view from the bed, because the balcony doesn't have much corner wall to your left (for 9390, otherwise it would be to the right for 9690.)

[some of the other corner aft balconies have ship walls that extend so much that you really need to get out on the balcony if you want to look out for a corner view. Of course, to look towards the opposite direction which is towards the next cabin's shared partition, you'll step out on the balcony for that side's view.]

Oh yeah -- That dang light switch!:

The only thing I kept forgetting was that the light switch for the bathroom was outside towards the front door. If you opened the bathroom door first (hinges on the left) -- before turning on the light -- you had to close the door slightly so you could reach the light switch. I laughed about that because obviously I just learned the reverse first! So remember (1) turn on bathroom light (2) open bathroom door.

I think you'll love the cabin. And if Issac is still taking care of the cabin when you're there, PLEASE tell him Roger says hello!

A sort of random question but did the balcony door stay open by itself? I have only had a side balcony cabin before with the sliders. Thanks!!!
If you want to keep the balcony door open, you can prop it open with one of the pieces of furniture: We had two chairs, a small table, and two lounge chairs. (I used a small chair.) I also brought a bungee cord, which would work fine -- but I never used it.

We had 9690 on the Navigator last year. The cabin itself was fine for the two of us and didn't seem to be any larger than most of the other balcony cabins. The balcony is an odd pie shape, but there was plenty of room for us and another couple to enjoy the view of the wake. I liked only having neighbors on one side, too. And the round window really IS big enough to sit in! :)

Thanks for the great information! We had booked this cabin while on board so I had no access to research. It sounds like we are going to really enjoy this cabin. Now if only July would get here! :) Em

Archived