Diamond/Sapphire Princess oversized inside?

hollydog

We had an inside cabin on the Ruby princess (R407) that ran parallel to the hallway instead of the traditional perpendicular. It was quite a bit larger than a standard Princess inside. There were only 6 of these on the ship. Deck plans for Diamond and Sapphire Princess show 6 sideways cabins on Aloha deck. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in any of these, particularly A403 and A409, and are they also oversized?

Thank you for posting the photos, EM! We're booked in one of these cabins on the Star. Peeked into one of them on our last day on the Emerald, when it was empty, and these types of cabins DO seem larger!

• 2 years later...
Yes, this is what our cabin on the Ruby looked like. How/where did you find these photos? I'm particularly interested in A403 and A409, since we are considering booking these.

Hi, Did you enjoy the Emerald Princess out of Houston a few weeks back. WE sure did even with the fog delay. Did you ever book one of those sideways rooms? Is so what was your thoughts? We booked one on Ruby Princess for a short cruise this September. Thought we would give it a try.

Jeff

Hi, Did you enjoy the Emerald Princess out of Houston a few weeks back. WE sure did even with the fog delay. Did you ever book one of those sideways rooms? Is so what was your thoughts? We booked one on Ruby Princess for a short cruise this September. Thought we would give it a try.

Jeff

Hollydog is currently posting on the July 6 Island Princess roll call, so you might seek them out there. EM

Jeff

We've had a sideways inside cabin on two different cruises and loved them both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My daughter and I will be in R515 on the Ruby in a couple of weeks, looking forward to trying out a sideways cabin!

We are back from our cruise, we had R515 on the Ruby, these inside cabins are layed out very nice, LOVED it! Bigger than the other inside cabins, great location, I would definately select this category and type of cabin on any future cruise.

• 1 year later...

I took the official deck plans for Caribbean Princess and measured them pixel for pixel in Photoshop and compared to a standard interior room, the sideways rooms had 44% more space. Sure maybe the deck plan isn't accurate, but it's probably fairly close.