Going on own to Valldemossa. Need help, please

Thebox

We're thinking of just taking the bus to Valldemossa, visiting the Monastery, walking around and then returning to Palma to explore.

Can you walk to the bus stop from the port -- or do I take a port shuttle to Plaza Espana and catch a bus near there? Obviously lost here and any help will be appreciated! Also, directions to find the Monastery once I arrive in Valldemossa will be appreciated as well. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick note about the local bus outside of the port. You catch it at a proper bus stop as you come out of the terminal, cross the road outside the terminal where the HoHo's stop and it's there (or at least that was my case the 2 times I was there). You should be able to see it as you exit the terminial building by just looking across the road. I was there last year and they had a digital timetable stating when the next bus would be coming. You can buy a "day ticket" for the buses in Palma (I can't recall for sure if it was applicable to the bus that stops at the port, but I believe you could). If you want to use the bus system in Palma for more than just this bus, search the boards for the bus map link. I recommend printing it off.

I don't know how much time you have in Mallorca, but some choose to take the old train to Soller for the views/experience and then catch the (non-express) bus back to Palma that stops in Valldemossa, stopping for a while and picking that bus line back up to Palma later. This bus can be also be boarded from Puerto Soller for those desiring to experience the Soller-Puerto Soller Tram.

I don't know how much time you have in Mallorca, but some choose to take the old train to Soller for the views/experience and then catch the (non-express) bus back to Palma that stops in Valldemossa, stopping for a while and picking that bus line back up to Palma later. This bus can be also be boarded from Puerto Soller for those desiring to experience the Soller-Puerto Soller Tram.

We will visit Palma too in June via RCCL. Our ship arrives at 9am and departs at 8pm. Is the time enough for the suggested route Palm - Porte de Soller - Valldemossa - Palma? We are going to take bus L210 & L211 in the trip. There is another option: Palm (via 211)- Valldemossa - Soller de Porte - Soller (via 210) - Palma. Which route is better in terms of time efficiency? We want to save some time to see Palma before leaving. Thank you for your advice.

sargwa,

Yes. Being in port that long would give you enough time for that route, provided all of your bus connections worked out and your port times didn't change. The route/times depend on the day you are there, e.g., on the weekends there are fewer routes. Check out the bus schedule in the link above.

In terms of time efficiency, the express bus is only about 30 minutes or so. I've taken it once from Palma to Puerto Soller and twice on the return (the first time I went, I took the old train from Palma to Soller, then the tram from Soller to Puerto Soller for a very scenic and memorable experience). I've never gone to Valldemossa, but others who have attest to its beauty and charm.

Have a great trip!

Thank you, Halcruise27 and syesmar for your response. I was worried that it was stressful to visit three places in about 10 hours. With non-interrupted bus connection, we could be back to Palma at about 5pm from Soller - Valldemossa - Palma. That only leaves about 2 hrs to see Palma (Mainly want to see Le Seu). But thanks for your information. We will try to make it work. Thanks again.

Archived