On Board Carribean Princess

BOONITE

OK , sailed away this evening , anyone need info on cruise ship , let me know . Will check e-mail two or three times a day

Thanks for offering. Answer any, all or none:

Who is the Captain?

Who is the Cruise Director?

What Movies are playing at Movies Under The Stars? (the actual "Under the Stars" movies, not the video games, kiddie flicks or QVC- the ones you reserve)

Which nights are formal nights?

Can you get the Love Boat Dream at dinner?

Have you seen anyone wearing jeans in the dining room?

Have you seen any unruly, run amok teens about the ship?

Have you seen any unruly, run amok adults about the ship?

Which port do you anticipate to be the worst?

Do you have plans to start a poll when you return?

Are you having a fabulous cruise? (nothing else matters)

Captain is Alan Wilson, ( from Scotland )

Cruise Director is young man from England, very nice l get his name ) James

Last night they had Tina Turner and Tom Jones concert on MUTS, cant tell you much after that ( went to bed at 11;0pm'

Formal night is Sunday and Thursday

Last night in Coral Dining I saw jeans , but it was first sailing night.theyhad a hugeseafood buffet on 15 ( main Buffet) Shrimp, crablegs, lobster.

Ship is full, but doesnt seem to crowded( with kids )

Dont know about polls and will try to post a photo gallery on the board tonight.

Last night we went to seating in Coral and then went to theater to watch a juggler/comedian ( was very intertaining )

Then went to Seafood buffet ( yes, two dinners) and them CRASH to bed I went

Will try to post this evening, And get pics downloaded.

Jim if I can assist you in any way with help about this ship , just let me know

I have cabin C752 and our room attendant is Reggie( very nice )

I hope you have a great time! Thanks for checking in with us. I just read a review of the sailing just before yours. They said that there is no sailaway party on deck. Is that the case for your sailing too? I guess we may just have to make our own party if there is none planned. :D

We sail on this ship in July. On the first night out, is there a place to wear shorts to dinner. Not sure when luggage will get to cabin. On most cruises the first night is very causal. Great Post!!

BOONITE - Are the dinners the same order as on the "cruisingcaribbean" website? There they are listed as follows:

Sailaway, Captain's welcome, Italian night, Chef's night, Captain's gala, Caribbean night, Landfall dinner

Trying to decide which nites to do Sabatino's & Sterling.

Thanks for taking time in your vacation to help.

OK , sailed away this evening , anyone need info on cruise ship , let me know . Will check e-mail two or three times a day

Hi Boonite,

First, thanks for taking the time (not to mention the money) to write to us all. Hope your having a great trip! I'll be sailing next Saturday and would love to know about the weather. Are you having beautiful sky's? I'm trying to pack today and would like to know whether or not to bring cold rainy gear, also, my DW would like to know how cold it gets in the dinning rooms and show venus, she gets cold easy and is not sure whether or not to bring a cardigan for the evenings.

Thanks agian,

Happy Sailings:p

Ron

Bowler, I think formal nights are Sunday and Thursday, and if that's the case, then I think that menu of dinners may be off by one day as they are showing the Captain's Gala dinner (the other formal night) on Wednesday, so it must be incorrect.

Hi Chris,

Tootiesmom here. We were on the last Eastern sailing of the Caribbean Princess (6/ 11 - 18/ 05). I'll try to answer some of your questions.

The Captain was Alan Wilson and the Cruise Director was James Lay. The Love Boat Dream was offered every night on the dinner menu (we had Traditional 1st seating in the Island Dining Room). I didn't see anyone in jeans in the dining room nor did I see any kids/adults running amok :D . The formal nights for us were Sunday and Thursday and actually saw lots of evening gowns and tuxes (way different than on my Carnival cruises). The MUTS movies were:

Saturday: 12:00 noon ICE AGE, 1:30 PM FINDING NEMO, 3:30 PM GREASE

(NO RESERVATIONS FOR THE MOVIES DURING THE DAY)

6:30 PM & 9:00 PM TINA TURNER IN CONCERT, 8:00 PM & 10:30 PM TOM JONES IN CONCERT, 11:30 PM ROCKY HORROR

(NO RESERVATIONS FOR ANY OF THESE EITHER)

MUTS THAT REQUIRED RESERVATIONS WERE:

SUNDAY 7:00 PM & 10:00 PM THE WEDDING DATE

MONDAY 7:00 PM & 10:00 PM NATIONAL TREASURE

THURSDAY 7:00 PM & 10:00 PM MEET THE FOCKERS

Tuesday: Afternoon movies were: ICE AGE, PRINCESS BRIDE, SPLASH, & SHREK

FREE MUTS: BEYONCE IN CONCERT 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM & 11:00 PM

HARD DAYS NIGHT 12:00 MIDNIGHT

Wednesday: Afternoon movies: BIG, TOY STORY, GREASE, & JURASSIC PARK

FREE MUTS: YOUTH MOVIE NIGHT (Names of the movies are not listed. All that's listed is times & age groups. 7:30 pm 8 - 12 age group

11:00 pm 13 - 17 age group)

Thursday: Afternoon movies: MONSTERS INC, INTERNATIONAL CREW SHOW, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, WIZARD OF OZ.

At midnight on Thursday, they had Teen Movie Night 13 - 17 year olds, no movie name listed.

Friday: Afternoon movies: PRINCESS BRIDE, SPLASH, BIG, HARRY POTTER.

6:00 PM, 8:00 PM, & 10:00 PM TOM JONES IN CONCERT

7:00 PM & 9:00 PM DIANA KRALL IN CONCERT

11:00 PM ROCKY HORROR

MOVIES THAT WERE SHOWN IN THE PRINCESS THEATRE IN THE AFTERNOON WERE: Sunday 1:00pm PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, Monday 3:00 pm IN GOOD COMPANY, Tuesday 2:30 pm FINDING NEVERLAND, 10:30 pm PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. THE AVIATOR was shown in the Explorer's Lounge at 6:00 pm on Tuesday. Wednesday 1:15 pm & 3:00 pm THE WEDDING DATE. FINDING NEVERLAND was shown in the Explorer's Lounge at 5:15 pm on Wednesday. Thursday 3:15 pm NATIONAL TREASURE. Friday 3:15 pm MEET THE FOCKERS

I didn't anticipate any of the ports being bad, however, Princess Cays was hotter than the hinges of hell on the day we were there.

We had a wonderful cruise.....all 30 of us!!!

About the temps in the showrooms.....I'm hot natured so I was very comfortable, but a few of the people in my group are cold natured and needed a light sweater inside at times.

Hope this answers some of the questions! I have all of the patters (sorry no menus) if you need to know something else.

tootiesmom (Jeane)

The Juggler was Johnathan Stamp , meet him today by pool . He says to say grat things about

him ,and I have to say, He was very funny.

This is a sea day and the pools are full . The forward 16th floor pool (adult only) is about the best to

get in , others are full of kids and the games are going on at one pool.

70'S night at club Fusion andSkywALKERS HAS pARTY tIME AT 11:45Pm Princess theater has

KIMIKA (music, fun and Laughs)tonight.

The Wedding Date is on at MUTS. Crooners has Bert Stratton at 9:00 p m . Comedy of James

"The Kid " Michael is at Explorers Lounge at 9:15 & 11:30 pm

They have a version of Princess Idol going every night at Club Fusion .

Kimika was husband and wife team that are funny and duet together . Husband is a very good left-handed guitar player.

He combines Rock and Classical and is very very good at it.

There is a sailaway party, Very lively!!!!!!!!!

We are on Eastern .... St. Thomas- St. Martaan- Princess Cay

Yes there are laundry rooms and the one on deck 10 has 5 irons and boards

Cafe Caribe , you can wear shorts everyday in there and Horizon Court.

Sailaway night they have a killer Seafood Buffet

Never had anything but an Aft Cabin , but they are very nice Cabins and Reggie (our room steward) brought us

another lounger and we have 2 lougers and 2 regular chairs and a table on our Balcony

and still have plenty of room

Will check menus: we are doing Sterlings Fri. night

Will see about looking at 749

Weather has been nice , hot ( around 90 ) during the day, It is comfortable inside ,but not cool. Hope that helps

James is the CD

They showed "THE WEDDING DATE" at MUTS

Gotta get off wife is fixing to throw a fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boonite, It is SO nice of you to post while you're on board the Caribbean Princess. I know you're having a great time. We've already sailed once on the CP, and somehow got lucky enough to get cabin C752 for our upcoming cruise in November. It's our first aft facing cabin and since I am fascinated by the wake of the ship, I can't wait to be on that balcony. Do you have much vibration in the cabin other than pulling into and out of ports, and is there more motion back there then on other parts of the ship? Oh and are the lounge chairs on the balcony padded? We've wanted to try an aft cabin for quite a while, and we still can't believe we were able to get this cabin. Thanks to other posters on this board we knew which cabins to request, and we were thrilled when we got the cabin for our next cruise.

Have you seen Bert Stratton yet, and don't you just love him? We've been on 2 cruises with him so far,and he just puts the icing on the cake for us...and makes a fabulous cruise even better. He's an outstanding entertainer and person.

Thanks for posting. Enjoy your cruise!

Laurie

We had alot of vibration the first day out , but it seems to be settled down now, not much at all. In my opinion , there is motion all over the ship , but I dont notice anymore on aft than anywhere else.

Our Balcony door was broken and we could not open it until last night, ( some screw broke in the handle) They brought us another lounger as soon as we came aboard( we asked) So, on our balcony we have a table 2 padded regular chairs and 2 padded loungers, and we can now use our deck.

Very nice set-up .

Have not saw Bert Stratton

The morning breakfast roomservice is cereal and coffee and juice , but not your big breakfast type stuff, you must go to horizon court or other..

The MUTS is nice they have the loungers roped off and they are padded and they serve popcorn and stuff while you watch your movie. this is a very nice addition to cruising.

Well gotta go !!!!!!!!!!!!!LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived