Whats up with Dream? Sat embark is delayed! 1/4

nu2crusin

Anything up with the Dream from this week? I just got emailed that our trip on this Saturdays voyage (4th) is delayed for "Routine maintenance tests" and check-in is now 2-5:30pm. You would think if it was routine it would have been scheduled in advance and they would have let us know sooner... Of course I prefer things taken care of properly (better now than an issue at sea), but it does put a damper on the start, as I now have to adjust travel & kill time. Early dinner will be a rush for some & we will be leaving port in the dark which is a bummer. Plus now they owe me a lunch! ;-)

Edited by nu2crusin

Anything up with the Dream from this week? I just got emailed that our trip on this Saturdays voyage (4th) is delayed for "Routine maintenance tests" and check-in is now 2-5:30pm. You would think if it was routine it would have been scheduled in advance and they would have let us know sooner... Of course I prefer things taken care of properly (better now than an issue at sea), but it does put a damper on the start, as I now have to adjust travel & kill time. Early dinner will be a rush for some & we will be leaving port in the dark which is a bummer. Plus now they owe me a lunch! ;-)

It's just another lie they tell people to spread out the crowd on embarkation day.

I guess they figure if they told the truth nobody would listen.:confused:

Bill

If anyone gets on board earlier please post so we know if Carnival is not being truthful and just trying to space out embarkation. I sure hate it when someone lies to me. I hope this is not the case.

Cheers!

If anyone gets on board earlier please post so we know if Carnival is not being truthful and just trying to space out embarkation. I sure hate it when someone lies to me. I hope this is not the case.

Cheers!

If you read this board on a regular basis you'd see that it is just a ploy. Boarding might have been delayed once on one of the sailings they sent the letter out on but most times people are boarding around 11:30am to noon.

Bill

It's just another lie they tell people to spread out the crowd on embarkation day.

I guess they figure if they told the truth nobody would listen.:confused:

Bill

If they are allowing check in to go until 5:30, then this is a true delay. Normally everyone must be on board by about 3:00.

I read a news article earlier today in abcnews.com about a bad virus. mikey806 is probably right! Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are being extra cautious? The article didn't say anything about cruise ships but I can understand and appreciate if carnival is being cautious about it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That was my suspicion, Noro, always hate to hear that and hope they do a great job of sanitizing. Gotta feel bad for the crew who has to deal with that, the cleanups they are doing now, the extra work for a terminal cleaning too. Worse for them then for us. Will be bringing my extra Clorox wipes just to make sure.

I received the same email and we are driving. I guess we will hang around the hotel until they kick us out. Rats! I love wandering around the ship before the crowds arrive.

But I do have a question....What about the people coming from the airport on shuttles? :confused: