How many dollars / % tax is saved by buying a Princess package in advance?

Jo and Rob

It seems rather complicated prebuying drinks packages as I can't do it on the website (unlike Celebrity). My question is how much extra does it cost per UKP package if bought while in port? Also in I buy it in the lounge before embarkation do they just right your cabin number down and process it later (meaning you could be out at sea before your cabin is charged)

Many thanks

In FLL we have been charged a tax for a bar drink while still in port (or just left)....I forget what the % would have been.

However, when sailing out of FLL last November, I bought at soda sticker at the IC, and was not charged any tax because I suspect that it was processed a while later while out to sea.

Not sure if you were only asking about drink packages, but shore excursions are cheaper if purchased in advance. The earlier the cheaper. I've noticed several price increases from the time they first appear on the website until the cruise.

With few exceptions, there is little or no benefit to pre-purchasing a package or gift. Excursions can be less expensive if pre-reserved but not always. You get more bonus minutes if you pre-purchase an Internet package than buying it onboard. Soda and drink packages are the same. In some ports with a local tax, the purchase is processed after sailing. I don't know if that depends on the server or is a general policy.

If you buy beer it is cheaper to pre purchase than when on board, you get 6 for the price of 5, and no tax or auto gratuity added. I always tip when its brought anyways. I just bought a case for 93.00 along with some bottles of liq to be delivered to my room. You can decide on which type on board.

For the pop or "kids" package it's 6%. The easiest way for me was to just call Princess. They took the info and it was all set. They even put the cups in the cabin for us. So, if it were me, I'd do it ahead of time. Not just for the savings, but less hassle once you're on board.