Using advanced technology to prevent chair-hogging

Imagine a little red light on the chair that is off until you press a button next to it. Then the light turns on for 30 minutes.

When a crew member sees a occupied chair without a red light he always removes the stuff.

After the light turns off again the button doesn't work for 2 minutes to prevent cheating.

The Carnival Sunshine has a crew member walking around on the Serenity decks starting around 8AM putting stickers on everything that has a towel but no people. The sticker states the date and the time he put it there and then the time everything will be removed, 40 minutes later. Then he does come back and takes everything off the chaise, chairs etc.. I know its done on the Serenity deck but don't know about others.

On NCL the towel person put stickers on chaises but only moved stuff if he saw someone looking for a chaise. He'd see someone looking, ask if they want chaise and he'd find one with stickers, take them off and give them to new people. Don't like this way.

The Carnival Sunshine has a crew member walking around on the Serenity decks starting around 8AM putting stickers on everything that has a towel but no people. The sticker states the date and the time he put it there and then the time everything will be removed, 40 minutes later. Then he does come back and takes everything off the chaise, chairs etc.. I know its done on the Serenity deck but don't know about others.

On NCL the towel person put stickers on chaises but only moved stuff if he saw someone looking for a chaise. He'd see someone looking, ask if they want chaise and he'd find one with stickers, take them off and give them to new people. Don't like this way.

I don't like either way but the NCL way is worse indeed. It wouldn't feel very comfortable to me to have someone "evicted". I haven't experienced it, but the stickers may feel like a warning when you didn't do anything wrong.

IMHO, the (maybe 10 dollar) electronic solution makes it easier for everyone. The crew has just one simple rule to follow, so no discussions with guests. The guest leaving for a swim or whatever knows that it's OK to leave the chaise for a while, but they are also reminded that there's a fair time limit. Every other guest can be sure chair hogging is simply impossible.