Nice bar near Cruise Terminal

Clayswife

Question for those of you who have been to Tortola :D My husband and I are going to be visiting the first week of February (sailing on Celebrity Summit) ... We planned on an excursion to the Virgin Gorda Baths to snorkel in the morning, but we will have about 2-3 hours to kill before we have to head back to the ship ... Does anyone recommend a fun little bar where we can have a couple of drinks, preferably not too far from the cruise ship ? For that matter, is there any Must-Sees in the port that would be nice to visit before we finish our day ? We have never been to Tortola before and I was hoping to get some tips from those of you "in the know" !

Jackie

Question for those of you who have been to Tortola :D My husband and I are going to be visiting the first week of February (sailing on Celebrity Summit) ... We planned on an excursion to the Virgin Gorda Baths to snorkel in the morning, but we will have about 2-3 hours to kill before we have to head back to the ship ... Does anyone recommend a fun little bar where we can have a couple of drinks, preferably not too far from the cruise ship ? For that matter, is there any Must-Sees in the port that would be nice to visit before we finish our day ? We have never been to Tortola before and I was hoping to get some tips from those of you "in the know" !

Jackie

Hi Jackie, welcome to our favorite Carib island!

Yes Pusser's Road Town Pub is very close and has a wonderful drink and beer selection as well as great English pub style dishes. They also have a very nice clothing store in the back and upstairs with unique clothing that we love.

https://www.pussers.com/t-road-town-pub.aspx

Sunny Caribbee is a great little spice shop right there with an excellent offering of spices and rubs and their Hangover Kit is a great gift.

http://sunnycaribbee.com/

There are other shops near the dock but Road Town itself is primarily a financial district and not a lot to walk to from the dock.

The Bat Cave mentioned was in Wickham's Cay II last I knew (I believe Spaghetti Junction and Bat Cave moved there after a fire in 2004) which is a bit of a walk from the dock. But it;'s nice to stroll along the marina and see the cats and yachts too!

• 8 months later...

Seemed to be an open air bar right at the end of the Pier, before you entered the string of shops they were building? (in February) I walked by it, but didn't look closely so I don't know a name - I'm sorry!!

But I do recommend that you find the Sunny Caribe Spice Shop! It is within walking distance, and the local women that work there are so nice & helpful!! All the women stayed on the ship but me, and I was with my husband, my father in law and my son in law, and we all made purchases. My husband loves their hot sauce!!

Sunny Caribbee is a must do, love their spices and rubs.

In case you missed them or run out before you return you can order on their site - http://www.sunnycaribbee.com

Thanks to you blue, you are the one who recommended the spice shop! You provide a wealth of information on these boards, and it is much appreciated by readers like me!!