Amber Cove - Independent Tour Operators

Itsbeentoolong

Hi, anyone know any Private Tour Operators for Amber Cove? I had one and I wanted to do the Paradise Island tour but as I was going on New Years Day it was unavailable, our ports have now been changed and we're going there 30/12 and I can't find the company or remember the name, thanks Dean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Google "tour operators Puerto Plata" and you will get the Trip Advisor site. This will give you a list of the top-rated companies, - and yes, Marysol is high on the list.

There are many well-establised excursion companies in Puerto Plata near the port. They are not newcomers - they have been operating tours for the resorts for years.

I am booked with him also. He replied quick to my emails and we have a tour for $25 which he lowered from $35 because of our Cruise Critic Group.

When are you going on your cruise? I am going on the 26th and wondered if you would be able to review them before then. I know that's very last minute haha.

Thanks.

I booked the Paradise Island tour in December using Marysol. Francisco is very good and quick to reply.

However I found out that we would have to travel by bus for over an hour and a half to Punta Rucia before we would take a speed boat to a Paradise Island. So given we would be in port for 7 hours, and would be on a bus or boat for 4 hours, we decided to ask if there is another tour they offer that wouldn't require such a long time on a bus.

Does anyone have any recommendations on Marysol tours from Amber Cove that Karen's as long in terms of duration?

Hmmmm I was going to do the Paradise Island in December but I didn't know about the bus ride.....might just do Ocean World then, thanks

No problem. We are in port for 7 hours, but couldn't see spending 4 of those hours on a bus and speedboat.

Francisco is great to work with. When we decided not to do Paradise island, he is working hard to try to put together a tour that wil work better for us.

When I get out arrangements made, I will share them

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked with Marysol Tours, Oct 29th and Fransisco the owner is very quick to reply via email

Can you come back and report where you met up with your tour guide? It sounds like Carnival is going to control the entrance to the port like they do in Roatan where you have to leave the immediate port area to meet up with the Independent Tour Operators.

We have booked Taxi Puerto Plata - Rene Robles was wonderful in communicating but I am concerned it will be difficult to meet up if he's not allowed in the port area.

Thanks

I booked the Paradise Island tour in December using Marysol. Francisco is very good and quick to reply.

However I found out that we would have to travel by bus for over an hour and a half to Punta Rucia before we would take a speed boat to a Paradise Island. So given we would be in port for 7 hours, and would be on a bus or boat for 4 hours, we decided to ask if there is another tour they offer that wouldn't require such a long time on a bus.

Does anyone have any recommendations on Marysol tours from Amber Cove that Karen's as long in terms of duration?

I have been on a tour to Paradise island from one of the resorts to the east of Puerto Plata. I will agree that the bus ride to Punta Rucia is very long and at the time of our tour, the roads were unimproved. However, if you are a snorkeler, I would say that paradise island is hands down the best place we have ever snorkeled. It was fabulous! Our tour included lunch, drinks, fruit, and a speed boat ride through the mangroves. Since the bus ride is so long along with poor roads, if anybody decides to do this tour, I would never attempt it unless it is booked through the cruise line. At least then you are guaranteed to not miss the ship.