Navigator or Sunshine?

I'll be surprising my husband with a cruise for his 40th birthday next year. I'm currently considering the Navigator or the Carnival Sunshine. Both 5 day cruises (this is a budget friendly trip since I have to hide the fact that I'm paying for it myself), and both right around the same price.

My husband and I have cruise several times before, but not recently. Our children have never cruised and they will be going on this one :) They are active and I know they will like a ship with stuff to do (rock climbing, ropes course, etc.), which is why I chose these two ships. My husband and I have been to Nassau pretty much on every cruise we've been on, but again the kids have never been.

Sunshine has 3 ports (Half Moon Cay, Nassau and freeport), 1 sea day...we've been to 2 of the 3 ports

Navigator has 2 ports (Nassau and Cozumel), 2 sea days...we've been to 1 of the 2 ports

To me, they are pretty similar, but I've only every cruised Royal once a VERY long time ago. Is there something I'm missing that I should take into consideration? I don't know much about Royal and I plan on doing more research.

Has anyone been on both? Which would be the better first-cruise experience?

Having been on sunshine recently but not on the Navigator for a while I would vote Navigator.We enjoy Carnival but the sunshine was just to cramped in its public areas. My opinion is Carnival has the better food but getting around the ship gives RCCL the nod.