Cabins above Havana on Ventura

danielundecided

Hi, we've booked a cruise onboard Ventura next year and our cabin is right at the very back of E deck, above the Havana nightclub. We decided to have a cabin here (and paid way more!!!) vs. elsewhere because of the ideal location (we forgot Havana was below here as we had a cabin nearby before and had no problems). Our cabin grade has basically sold out so not really much chance of moving without paying extra (already going to Florida next year - don't want to pay more!!!). Can anyone let me know as of what to expect noise wise? Thanks a lot. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope this does not put you off too much but this is part of a review from a cruise we did a couple of years ago on Ventura to the Canaries.

Only our opinion and things maybe better now.

Cabin

Our cabin was on E deck a deluxe balcony number E730. First the good bits!! These type of cabins are very comfortable, spacious as you have the additional sofa area and with this one which is furthest aft has a double length balcony measuring approx 18ft long by 9ft wide! However if you do like your rest and a decent nights sleep DO NOT opt for this one!! On booking we did realise the Havana lounge was below what we didn’t know was there are sound system speakers on the ceiling in the Havana directly under the bathroom of our cabin. We did expect possibly we would have some noise from below but what we experienced was bit of a nightmare.

The Havana is the late night disco venue so the music continues until at least 1.00am most nights and some nights it was getting on for 2.30-3am. We had to move our clothes apart in the wardrobe as if the hangers were touching they would clang and rattle from the vibration!! After our first couple of nights we did go the reception and comment on this fact and ask if there was anything that they or we could do but nothing was forth coming. After another couple of nights by nearly 2am my husband was at the end of his tether so went to the Havana only to find the only people there were six P&O crew members.

A stronger complaint was launched and an official comment card submitted the following morning although we received no response or contact over this. Two nights later the music and vibration continued until 3am and again my husband went to the Havana to find only four people still in the venue and again he went to reception and asked if something could be done, the music did then stop about 10mins later. This was now the day before returning to Southampton and this time we did receive a telephone call from the cruise director who said we booked this cabin and the deck plan shows it is above the Havana. Yes we do not disagree however we should have been warned regarding the lateness of this venue and the fact some of the sound system speakers are on the ceiling below the vicinity of this cabin. We have stayed in cabin E720 five doors further up with no problems what so ever. We are now glad to be home and have decent nights sleep, never thought I would be so glad to be home after a cruise.

Hope this does not put you off too much but this is part of a review from a cruise we did a couple of years ago on Ventura to the Canaries.

Only our opinion and things maybe better now.

Cabin

Our cabin was on E deck a deluxe balcony number E730. First the good bits!! These type of cabins are very comfortable, spacious as you have the additional sofa area and with this one which is furthest aft has a double length balcony measuring approx 18ft long by 9ft wide! However if you do like your rest and a decent nights sleep DO NOT opt for this one!! On booking we did realise the Havana lounge was below what we didn’t know was there are sound system speakers on the ceiling in the Havana directly under the bathroom of our cabin. We did expect possibly we would have some noise from below but what we experienced was bit of a nightmare.

The Havana is the late night disco venue so the music continues until at least 1.00am most nights and some nights it was getting on for 2.30-3am. We had to move our clothes apart in the wardrobe as if the hangers were touching they would clang and rattle from the vibration!! After our first couple of nights we did go the reception and comment on this fact and ask if there was anything that they or we could do but nothing was forth coming. After another couple of nights by nearly 2am my husband was at the end of his tether so went to the Havana only to find the only people there were six P&O crew members.

A stronger complaint was launched and an official comment card submitted the following morning although we received no response or contact over this. Two nights later the music and vibration continued until 3am and again my husband went to the Havana to find only four people still in the venue and again he went to reception and asked if something could be done, the music did then stop about 10mins later. This was now the day before returning to Southampton and this time we did receive a telephone call from the cruise director who said we booked this cabin and the deck plan shows it is above the Havana. Yes we do not disagree however we should have been warned regarding the lateness of this venue and the fact some of the sound system speakers are on the ceiling below the vicinity of this cabin. We have stayed in cabin E720 five doors further up with no problems what so ever. We are now glad to be home and have decent nights sleep, never thought I would be so glad to be home after a cruise.

Hmm. Doesn't sound too great. When we saw our cabin and that it was on E deck we immediately took it, bearing in mind as there aren't many of our type they'd sell out quickly (and they have done) and we foolishly did little research on the location as we had been quite close before!! Hopefully if there's a price reduction closer to the date of the cruise (probably quite likely) we'll be able to get ourselves "upgraded" to a better location.

We had deluxe/superior balcony E725 back in 2010 on a Fjords cruise and can't say I remember any unwelcome noise from anywhere.

We're thinking about going on Ventura again later this year, so any advice on aft E deck cabins to avoid due to Havana noise would be appreciated.

I guess it's just the pick of the draw then if you get a speaker directly under your cabin. I'm not too concerned because I think P&O will've deliberately tried to design the cabins with minimal noise pollution where possible. Oh well - I guess I'll find out next April!

Dan

Hi there, just read your post. We'd been booked onto Cruise N701 on Ventura for 2nd January and reserved Suite E732, which my husband subsequently noticed was directly above the Havana nightclub, and moreover , directly above the stage and loudspeakers.

After a couple of days deliberation we eventually cancelled and switched to another cruise; we're now going on Ventura in March instead and have a suite aft, but now not above the nightclub.

You could phone up and ask what your options are, and weigh up want you would rather do. This is what we did as we didn't want to spend the coming months thinking about it and wondering whether we were going to have a problem , which might take the shine off off the holiday. Also there is nothing worse than getting on board and being dissatisfied with a situation with noise or whatever. Are there any cabins left at that grade at all?

My view was that it was worth making the alteration to our plans, because we are not night owls and we felt there could well have been a noise issue which would have affected our holiday and we didn't want to risk it.

Well we are close to the lifts - we are on the opposite side of the nightclub to the stage. There are none whatsoever - "upgrading" would be an extra £300 and and would end us under the theatre and we deliberately payed extra to stay away! I will think about it because I always can pay the money if needs be but bearing in mind we're already going to Florida next year I don't want to go around dishing money out!! For all I know if I spend extra and end up in the theatre it could be the worse

Dan

If you are by the lifts, maybe you will not have a problem, looking at the distance of the cabins by there, to where the nightclub is? That's a quite a bit more of a distance away... it's not as if you're directly above the club, as we were going to be.

Hope you have a great cruise

We have stayed in E730 on Azura which has the same layout and we could hear the noise from the club at night and first thing in the morning if a band were practicing!! It wasnt nice..

If your cabin is on the starboard side towards the lifts i dont think you will have any noise problems as its so far away from the stage and the speakers which hang off the ceiling.

Enjoy your cruise.