Israel in flames

happy trailer

We're hearing that the foreign press is not giving this much if any coverage, so perhaps that's why no one has asked about it-

Since Tuesday morning, there have been hundreds of fires in Israel. 70,000 people were evacuated in the port city of Haifa because of multiple fires there, and there has been much damage throughout the country with hundreds of homes damaged or destroyed, and thousands of acres burned.

While most of the fires are now under control, the strong dry winds are expected to continue for several more days, and rain is not forecasted until Wednesday, so there is still a high danger for more fires.

Here are two articles about the fires, with videos in each article. The first article is mainly about the fires in Haifa, while the second article focuses on fires in the Jerusalem hills, where I live:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/75000-people-evacuated-from-haifa-as-arson-terror-rages/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusalem-hills-fire-threatened-to-consume-mountainside-village/

So sorry to hear of the disaster in your country. Unfortunately in Australia we are also faced with this problem in summer. I hope it is under control soon and people can get back to their homes, if they are still there. My thoughts and sympathy with your country.

It is reportedly in control now. The nice news is that some of the Arab countries came and fought side by side with the Israelis. Even some Palestinian crews from Ramalah showed up. There is some hope for the world.

You must see Israel. It is a beautiful Mediterranean country. The people can seem a bit brusque but they have hearts of gold. Then again anyone might be brusque too after a holocaust.

Ruth, I too am so sorry this has happened! I was not aware of it either. We have so many fires going on right now here, too(some are arson!)that I may have missed something if it were reported! I'm so glad the fires are under control now, and wish you the best of luck!

Israel is a lovely and wonderful country! I've only spent a few days there, but I plan to return.

Thank you 💕