Spending onboard credit

les37b

We've booked several tours on our upcoming cruise on the wind, spending our generous onboard credit. We'd used it on previous cruises on tours without problem, but I literally just decided to click on the T&Cs link that "you are agreeing to"

I was a bit surprised to find the following:

All charges for these excursions will be billed to your shipboard account. If still available, Mid-Voyage Land Adventures may be purchased on board. These programs are to be pre-paid by credit card and may not be charged to your shipboard account.

I take that to mean, if you dont book in advance, you cant use the credit towards tours. Which goes against personal experience, since we booked on board and onboard credit was taken and used for it.

Confused!! :eek:

As far as I know, all the ship's regular day or half-day excursions, whether pre-booked or booked on board, are charged to your onboard account by the end of the cruise and can be paid using your OBC.

It's just the mid voyage land adventures that have to be prepaid - these are small groups staying in overnight accommodation ashore and they will only happen if there is a guaranteed adequate minimum of participants. They are not refundable once you've booked and paid for them, unlike the regular excursions which are not prepaid and can be cancelled anytime up to a cut off date, usually two or three days prior.

I think it would have been clearer in the excerpt you quote from the T&C if the second sentence had started after a paragraph break then "Mid Voyage Land Adventures" comma "if still available" ...

Edited by jollyjones