Official Website for Egypt Visa

NanciEA

I wanted to post an update on the online visas. (I posted earlier in this thread about the new availability to get Egypt visas online.) My husband and I are going in January so this week I went to http://www.visa2egypt.gov.eg to check out the website. DO NOT use any other site you might find doing a Google search. They are third parties and will charge you more. The official government site I listed charges $25 each for a single entry visa, the same as on arrival at the airport. I registered with a login and password, then created a new visa request for myself. It's a little confusing if you're traveling with a family member as under FAQ is says you should apply for a family visa if you are traveling with family members, but elsewhere it says every adult need their own visa. I just applied for my husband under a separate request, using my same login account. It only took a few minutes to fill out the info, which is mostly from your passport, plus the company you are traveling with. I uploaded and attached a copy of my passport photo page. (I have this stored on my computer as a pdf, so that was easy.) It was a little tricky when I went to pay with my credit card as they immediately denied the charge, so I had to call the card company to tell them it was okay to process the charge.

In less then 24 hours, I heard back from the website that the credit card charges were approved, and less then 12 hours later the visa was sent via email. I printed out the visa and also downloaded it to my phone in ibooks as a backup. I can also easily access it through my email. My husband's visa was equally as easy to obtain. It probably took me a little longer than just doing it at the Cairo airport, but now we have them and I feel good about that. Plus, I know I paid the "correct" price and won't have to have that cash on hand, plus the hassle when we're tired and jetlagged. :)

One additional note which I did not realize is do not apply for your visa too far in advance. The three month time period starts from when they approve your visa application. Ours expire in mid-March. We are traveling in January.

One additional note which I did not realize is do not apply for your visa too far in advance. The three month time period starts from when they approve your visa application. Ours expire in mid-March. We are traveling in January.

I was wondering about that timing, too, and then read that the visas were good for three months. I plan on applying for mine mid February since we are leaving on March 9th.