Balcony and Smoking Question

dairyou

Hi,

We are thinking of staying in a balcony for the first time in November. Husband is worried that he'll pay the extra to sit outside and smell smoke from surrounding cabins.

Is this true?

Deb

Hi,

We are thinking of staying in a balcony for the first time in November. Husband is worried that he'll pay the extra to sit outside and smell smoke from surrounding cabins.

Is this true?

Deb

Yep.

The one way to pretty much avoid it would be to book a balcony cabin on the lowest deck offering one, and make sure it is the cabin farthest forward. That way the wind should blow the smoke up and aft. Still no guarantees though.

:(

Okay..he wins. It's not that I didn't expect any smoke. Just not all the time!

Deb

Unless the ship is dead in the water and there is absolutely no wind, it's highly unlikely that one would smell smoke all the time.

Unless the ship is dead in the water and there is absolutely no wind, it's highly unlikely that one would smell smoke all the time.

Some people smoke - a lot! I do wish that there would be a way to enjoy the lovely sea air - without the stench!

excuuuse meee?!?!?!

Up and aft.....not up your....never mind. ;) :D

...and if that is the case, I'm not looking for my smokes, I'm looking for my life vest. :eek: :D

Some people smoke - a lot! I do wish that there would be a way to enjoy the lovely sea air - without the stench!

I think that was just a tad over dramatic.:rolleyes:

I hope those who smoke on the balcony refrain from throwing butts overboard - that is a huge fire hazard.

If all people were sober and responsible with fire, it would not be an issue, but some people are not responsible.

Fire is the biggest threat at sea, and smoking won't improve that!

If all people were sober and responsible with fire, it would not be an issue, but some people are not responsible.

So you're saying that all people who smoke are drunks?:rolleyes:

You could also take one of those very small battery operated "personal" fans. That what if there was some smoke blowing your way, you could "redirect" the smoke with your fan.

So you're saying that all people who smoke are drunks?:rolleyes:

HEy...I resemble that remark!

oh...wait...YEAH...no...wait...ummm....:p

Why does a simple question about the smell of smoke have to ALWAYS turn into Smoker Bashing??:rolleyes:

Hi,

Is this true?

Deb[/quote

It can happen...our last cruise there was a cigar smoker every night before dinner next door. We could not even open our balcony door because of the smell. It was disgusting...makes me furious to think how much more we paid for the balcony. Worse yet, he was a swearing yacker on his cell phone.

It was disgusting...

makes me furious to think how much more we paid for the balcony. Worse yet, he was a swearing yacker on his cell phone.

:rolleyes:

How much more than who?

Archived