Galaxy questions

Lady C

We are due to sail on Galaxy on 4 September. I have read all the comments about the state of the beds etc. has anyone any positive comments to make about the ship?

Is she up to standard cleanliness wise and how does she sail in rough seas?

Many thanks to you all.

Lady C

By September the beds should be changed over so you don't have to worry there. If you look at my signature, I have sailed on her 3 times in 10 cruises and another booked with cruise number 12. She is a wonderful ship with a great crew. Yes she is showing some wear, but you'll have a great time.

Seems if someone does not care for Galaxy, they focus on the fact that a group of windows in the lounge are fogged up.

As far as clean, she is spotless. As far as seaworthy...she is only 10 years old, you are not looking at sailing on some garbage barge!

We have been on her 3 times, absolutely love the ship, the layout, the crew.etc.etc.etc.

And the windows...yup, they ar working on them

We have been on Galaxy twice with another Galaxy cruise booked in March. We love Galaxy. The ship is clean and the crew has always been very friendly and helpful. Service has always been top notch. Its' a wonderful ship.

People complain about the fogged windows in the Stratosphere lounge. On each of my previous cruises we have been in the stratosphere lounge only twice during the day time and that was for the CC parties. They last for about 45 minutes. We have been to the Stratosphere Lounge many times during the late evening. It's dark out and fogged windows are not an issue.

I'll bet you a martini.....You will LOVE Galaxy :D

We left the Galaxy on Friday and had a great cruise. The place was very clean - yes basins are disoloured but due to the material they are made with not due to a failure to clean them. Food was excellent, service was good and friendly, waiter (Murat) was perfect! Some on board commented that the nightlife was not as good as Royal Caribbean (one evening we walked the whole ship looking for some entertainment), but I think that the heavy sightseeing schedule (e Med) meant that a lot of peoplejust went to bed by midnight.

It is clearly not a new ship but I was entirely satisfied that it was clean and it appeared well maintained.

I'm just booking again with Celebrity for next year.

We have been on Galaxy twice with another Galaxy cruise booked in March. We love Galaxy. The ship is clean and the crew has always been very friendly and helpful. Service has always been top notch. Its' a wonderful ship.

People complain about the fogged windows in the Stratosphere lounge. On each of my previous cruises we have been in the stratosphere lounge only twice during the day time and that was for the CC parties. They last for about 45 minutes. We have been to the Stratosphere Lounge many times during the late evening. It's dark out and fogged windows are not an issue.

I'll bet you a martini.....You will LOVE Galaxy :D

How did you know that my very favourite drink is a martini????????

Lady C

How did you know that my very favourite drink is a martini????????

Lady C

We have sailed on Galaxy before in 1999 and guess what??? we actually managed to miss the ship and it took us a week to catch up with her. I only have very vague recollections of the ship as I spent the rest of the cruise STRESSED!!!!!!!

Lady C

Hi Lady C, we just got back from our Eatern Med trip aboard Galaxy and we had a wonderful time. Food and service were excellent and although Galaxy will be next for refurb, public areas were kept clean and our cabin was well maintained, thanks to our cabin steward. Yeah, the shows weren't as spectacular as the other cruise lines but since this itinerary is port intensive,most of the cc's regardless of age would prefer to get their zz's, at least on my observation, but anyways, i submitted a mini member review for Galaxy under Angelcruiser, check it out. I'm sure you'll have a great time.. Happy sailing.. Angel:cool:

Hi Lady C, we just got back from our Eatern Med trip aboard Galaxy and we had a wonderful time. Food and service were excellent and although Galaxy will be next for refurb, public areas were kept clean and our cabin was well maintained, thanks to our cabin steward. Yeah, the shows weren't as spectacular as the other cruise lines but since this itinerary is port intensive,most of the cc's regardless of age would prefer to get their zz's, at least on my observation, but anyways, i submitted a mini member review for Galaxy under Angelcruiser, check it out. I'm sure you'll have a great time.. Happy sailing.. Angel:cool:

How many formal/informal/casual nights were there?

Many thanks, Lady C

Amen! and make that martini a double!!! :D Wonderful ship, crew and food.

...but anyways, i submitted a mini member review for Galaxy under Angelcruiser, check it out.

Thank you for your very nice review! Do you know if the beds are replaced with new ones?

Hi Lady C, as far as i can remember there were 3 formal nights, 1 on 1st sea day, 2nd on evening docked at Istanbul, 3rd on the last sea day, 3 informal nights and 4 casual nights and Celebrity seems quite flexible w their dress codes meaning gents may wear suit and tie vs tux, ladies may wear dress pants w a matching top, cocktail dress, or in remote cases, evening gown, and the dining room at least on my opinion, has a very relaxed yet elegant atmosphere topped wgreat food and service, couldnt ask for anything more...

Hi sheik, glad you appreciate my mini review, the beds weren't replaced yet when we went, but i heard that they're replacing them w new ones by September, you may want to inquire w Celebrity..

Take care folks.. Angel:cool:

Thanks to everyone who posted positive reviews of the Galaxy. We'll be sailing with her on 8/25, and it's nice to see so many wonderful comments about the ship. We sailed to Alaska on the Galaxy in 1999, and I still remember how impressed I was with her then. I know she's getting older, but so am I, and I'm getting better with age:) . The way I look at it, any day away from the office and cooking and cleaning and washing is definitely a good day - and what could be better than a wonderful cruise:D .

I know she's getting older, but so am I, and I'm getting better with age:) .

Hahaha...some people indeed look better when they're getting older, just check some pictures from the 70-80's, hair and clothes were way too bad :D

Thank you for all of the helpful information provided on the Galaxy, I too will be on the August 25th sailing, and am eagerly anticipating a fabulous time. I have been on 2 prior cruises with Celebrity, on the Zenith and last summer on the Horizon. I am used to older ships, and wear and tear does not bother me....as long as its clean!:D As you can see, the Galaxy will be the largest Celebrity ship (or any ship for that matter) that I have been on. I have met some great people on this board, and I am sure we will all have a great time!!

Mindi

Galaxy is in such bad shape, we are intentionally wasting lost more money by booking her again for January 2007!

Sarcasm aside, the ship's size means it is very easy to get around. She is as stable as any ship I have ever been on. Many ships market their size, Galaxy at nearly 80,000 tons, is up the the task of providing multiple venues.

Enjoy, be nice to our favorite ship and crew.

Archived