Comparing X And RCCL From The Decks Of The Grandeur

TPKeller

Celebrity regular Tuggers has just returned from the Grandeur 9 night Western Caribbean. She has been posting a regular comparison of her experience on Grandeur from a Celebrity perspective over on the Celebrity board. She asked someone to post a link here, and I didn't see any as of yet, so here it is... interesting reading!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=414372

Theron

cruisingator2, you would love Celebrity....I really think you would. There really isn't anything not to like about the line and they are similar to RCCL in many aspects. But I'm glad you love RCCL, they are a great line, too!

I would not like the formal atmosphere. I'm not saying that anything is wrong with Celebrity but when I vacation I want a more relaxed atmosphere. Maybe one day down the road I will give X a try.:)

She says, "Some random thoughts: It’s not the big things I miss on RCI, it’s the little touches. It’s the employees dressed nicely and taking pride in their work. For instance, I left my robe lying on the bed. When I came back, it was hanging on a curtain rod that comes three feet into the room (it divides the bed from the sitting area). How bizarre is that? A robe swinging in the air like a person on a gallows. And the CS threw out some souvenir glasses I had on my desk. I bought them in Key West. It’s having to order your whole meal plus dessert, at one time. It’s having to ask for snacks in the bar. Just little things, but they tell me I’m not on X or even HAL on this cruise. I would do RCI again, but only if the price and itinerary were great. And I would have much lower expectations of what I was getting. Judging from the number of children on this cruise, in late September, I would never take an RCI cruise on any holiday or time period when kids are out of school. It would just be too much chaos!"

I have never had those problems before. On my past 11 cruises, there have always been snacks at the bar, my cabin steward hangs up my robes and slippers (always to this date) and I have ALWAYS found the service on RCCL by the crew is superb and always going beyond the usual standard set by the cruise lines. I think the crew does take pride in their jobs and they do always dress to please!! Also, in my experience, I HAVE NEVER been asked to order my meal all at once. Not that just ISN"T the RCCL Dining Service in the Dining Room. For me, the service has always been professional and so elegant. It is the personal touches of remembering my drinks and sald dressing favorite that RCCL has always done for me. They are flawless and have been on ALL my cruises.

Just my opinion. Like I said, on my past 11 cruises and having sailed on some of the more luxurious lines, RCCL is HIGH on my list of a GREAT cruise line. It is sometimes hard to base impressions and a review on the first cruise. In my opinion, ships have different ways of service and style of cruising.

But to me, RCCL provides an unprecidented cruise experience in terms of ships, service, the staff, the food, and the overall cruise experience. I love the RCCL Way and the Gold Crown and Anchor Service!!

Archived