I Found Free Parking at a Hotel

mommatee

I found a few hotels offering FREE 7 day/night parking for booking a night. I actually have reservations at the Holiday Inn Select Convention Center, $159.99 per night, FREE PARKING for the week you're on the cruise and FREE SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION to the TERMINAL and FRENCH QUARTER. You can't beat that when you'd have to pay $14.00 per day/$98.00 for the week to park in the cruise ships parking garage anyway. I think this hotel is almost across the street from the cruise ship terminal. The Holiday Inn French Quarter is located in the French Quarter, room is $149.00 per night with free parking. I just chose to pay the extra $10.00 to stay at the one closest to the ship.

Mommatee, you may want to verify with the hotel that parking is included.

I just got off the phone with both the 800 reservations, and the hotel manager directly, and all of them are telling me that the "Sleepandcruise" rate does NOT include parking at the Holiday Inn Select Convention Center property. They are telling me that the parking rate is 22.00 a day!!! I think the other property offers parking, but there is a charge for the shuttle or taxi, and it still worked out cheaper to stay in Metaire for us at the Sheraton and park at the port for 98.00

Maybe you were able to get a deal including parking, but they are saying that is not offerred or available. Just wanted to advise you to make sure you double check.

Greg

Greg, you are correct. The free parking IS at the Holiday Inn on Royal Street (not the Holiday Inn across from the boat). I just swapped my reservations to Royal Street (which is in the French Quarter). The rate is $149.00 per night with free parking when you show them your cruise tickets. I called 1-504-529-7211 and tell them you want a rate for "code CRU". Let me know what you find out. I didn't ask them if they offered a shuttle bus. Worst case scenerio, we may have to use a Taxi to get to the cruise terminal.

NEW ORLEANS-FRENCH QTR

124 ROYAL STREET

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA 70130

504-529-7211

thanks for the reply.

I checked with them the other day, and it was going to be more for a taxi round trip to the hotel than it is for us to stay in Metarie at the Sheraton where I got a rate of 70.00.

Thanks again

Greg

Archived