CB Suite C749- Is it the dreaded Air-conditioning vent?

mandabear

I have heard so many conflicting reviews of this suite on the boards, so I was hoping for a few quick responses. I've booked C749 on the CB for my wedding cruise. I don't mind a little noise, but what's the deal with people seeing black dust/exhaust all over the balcony? Is that my room?!:eek: If so, can you change your cabin after you've already booked!

We had C748 on the other side of the vent and contrary to some people's highly exagerated claims, never at any time did we get any dust, soot or muck on the balcony

There is a bit of a noise from it but that is only noticeable when you're on the balcony itself, not inside. Furthermore, you get used to that and I can honestly say that it didn't affect our holiday in the slightest. We'd take either of those suites again without hesitation.

Thanks for the response! I don't mind some noise, but I want to be able to go out and sit on the balcony!

You'll have no problem with that, we spent hours out on our balcony and to be honest the noise from the ships wake is the most predominent noise out back.

I was just on the Emerald in C749 and I believe it's the same set-up. I was on the balcony all the time, no problem. Their was a light backround noise with no dust at all, if any thing when it gets hot the vent exhausts nice cool air. I hope that helps.

We had C749 on CB and there was nothing nasty coming from that vent. I think the problems you have read about are common on ships that have exposed aft balconies. The nice thing about the Grand-class' transom stern is that all the aft balconies are fully covered. You won't even notice the noise of the vent after the first day.

We are booked on the Emerald in the same suite that you sailed in. Can you give me info on your experience with the suite please? We sail in 210 days but who is counting! This will be our first suite.

Thanks in advance,

Mar

I'll try and give you a couple of quick notes that you would not find in pictures of rooms or shown in deck plans. As I mentioned my wife and I were in C749 and my mother was right next to us in C751. We had the divider opened up on the balconies and enjoyed every bit these suites had to offer and they offer so much more. Once you go suite it is very hard to go back! In C749 you have a BIG wonderful balcony it has 2 teak loungers with 2 little tables and a round teak picnic table with 4 teak chairs and their is pleanty of room for a generous layout. Their is easily enough room for 10 plus people. This situation is not so for C751. It has a much smaller balcony and has metal structural beam going thru it but the room is layed out slightly different and has more room in it. So if you are a balcony nut like I am you picked the right room. If the balcony in not that important you have noticably more room in C751. If their is anything specific you would like to know, let me know. I hope this helps a little bit and I am sure you will not be disapointed. If you get a chance and you know wokie and his pictures and you get to see them and you look at back of ship pictures you can see on the right side of the back of ship the bacony with the divider flapped open, your cabin is the one to the left. Got to go, lunch is over. Have Fun!!

I'll try and give you a couple of quick notes that you would not find in pictures of rooms or shown in deck plans. As I mentioned my wife and I were in C749 and my mother was right next to us in C751. We had the divider opened up on the balconies and enjoyed every bit these suites had to offer and they offer so much more. Once you go suite it is very hard to go back! In C749 you have a BIG wonderful balcony it has 2 teak loungers with 2 little tables and a round teak picnic table with 4 teak chairs and their is pleanty of room for a generous layout. Their is easily enough room for 10 plus people. This situation is not so for C751. It has a much smaller balcony and has metal structural beam going thru it but the room is layed out slightly different and has more room in it. So if you are a balcony nut like I am you picked the right room. If the balcony in not that important you have noticably more room in C751. If their is anything specific you would like to know, let me know. I hope this helps a little bit and I am sure you will not be disapointed. If you get a chance and you know wokie and his pictures and you get to see them and you look at back of ship pictures you can see on the right side of the back of ship the bacony with the divider flapped open, your cabin is the one to the left. Got to go, lunch is over. Have Fun!!

We had C750 on the Crown in April and we had the same issues as C751 on the CB. It wasn't a big deal for us, but it may be for others!

Hi! WE are on the crown in C748 in aug. I called Princess and found out about the obstructed balconies in 750 &751 and choose 748. I was also told the square footage inside the cabins 748 and 749 were larger due to the cut out area in 750 and 751 for the entrance to 748 and 749.(if you look at the deck plan you will see what I mean) I was told the inside footage was 524 for 748 and 495 for 750. So now I'm really curious why 750\751 appear larger on the inside. Was there that big a difference? Glad to hear its not to loud out there. IN aug though I wonder if it will be too hot to eat out there? Did you find it too windy eating dinner on the balcony? We like to bring our breakfast from the buffet and eat on the balcony but we are usually docked then. Thanks!:confused: ;) :rolleyes:

Hi! WE are on the crown in C748 in aug. I called Princess and found out about the obstructed balconies in 750 &751 and choose 748. I was also told the square footage inside the cabins 748 and 749 were larger due to the cut out area in 750 and 751 for the entrance to 748 and 749.(if you look at the deck plan you will see what I mean) I was told the inside footage was 524 for 748 and 495 for 750. So now I'm really curious why 750\751 appear larger on the inside. Was there that big a difference? Glad to hear its not to loud out there. IN aug though I wonder if it will be too hot to eat out there? Did you find it too windy eating dinner on the balcony? We like to bring our breakfast from the buffet and eat on the balcony but we are usually docked then. Thanks!:confused: ;) :rolleyes:

You won't feel any wind whatsoever (even when sailing) on the balcony of C748 as you're completely sheltered. Also, why bring your breakfast back to your room..?? Unlike other cabins, in a suite you can order from a full breakfast menu and have it delivered to your balcony.. We did that every single day and I was very pleasantly suprised that the food was still hot.

Just complete your card the night before, leave it outside your door with the time you want it delivering marked clearly and they deliver within a couple of minutes either side.

Hi! Who is wokie and how do I see his pictures? Also could could you read my post above and see if you could answer any???? Thanks, Jams:cool:

Wokie is the screen name of a fellow CCer that just sailed on the Emerald. He has posted a ton of pictures, look for his thread or you can do a search.

We were in C750 in April. In addition to having the beam, the balcony is much shallower than the one next door. I don't know why Princess decided on a shallower balcony in addition to having the beam, but it means the interior space is larger.

We have C751 booked for an upcoming cruise, and after reading this thread, I am a little concerned I made the wrong choice. Does the beam really take away from the overall comfort of the balcony. Does it still have room for 2 loungers and a table with 4 chairs? Also, it looks like there are some conflicting reports regaring whether C751 is really bigger on the inside or not. If it is bigger, I don't think a little smaller balcony will bother me, but if it is smaller, then I want to see about possibly changing rooms. It looks like C748 is still available. Is this a better choice? Sorry for all the questions, but this is a 10th anniversary cruise and I want everything to be nice.

Thanks.

Actually the cut out area for C749 and C748 does not take away from cabins 750 and 751 as the doors are directly in front of 749 and 748. The small hallway actually takes away a small amount of square footage from C749 and 748.

There is not a big difference in the insides of the cabin, you won't notice it so don't worry about it. The balconies are larger but are next to the vents so they both have their pros and cons.

It is noisy out there while underway, between the vent and the wake you will have some noise but you can still talk so it's not that bad.

It won't bee too windy as the balony is very protected. You will be able to have breakfast out there and can just have the full breakfast delivered by rooms service as you're in a full suite. Take advantage of that, it's a great perk.

We have C751 booked for an upcoming cruise, and after reading this thread, I am a little concerned I made the wrong choice. Does the beam really take away from the overall comfort of the balcony. Does it still have room for 2 loungers and a table with 4 chairs? Also, it looks like there are some conflicting reports regaring whether C751 is really bigger on the inside or not. If it is bigger, I don't think a little smaller balcony will bother me, but if it is smaller, then I want to see about possibly changing rooms. It looks like C748 is still available. Is this a better choice? Sorry for all the questions, but this is a 10th anniversary cruise and I want everything to be nice.

Thanks.

....that C750 and C751 are the same layout (I'm sure someone will post if this is not the case!).

The balcony on C750 did fit 2 lounge chairs and a small side table, plus a round table and 2 chairs (you could fit 3 chairs, but not 4).

Compared to other suite balconies, it is cramped, no doubt. If the balcony size is really important for you, you may want to switch.

Either way - have a great anniversary cruise!!

I booked a suite on Caribbean Princess for 9.16.07 cruise!!! I thought I could talk myself into a balcony. But I had a PH on Diamond a couple weeks ago & am now hooked!!!

I booked C750 & am very nervous about the bar causing an obstruction on balcony and a narrower balcony. I had C420 on Diamond and chose not to do the suites on Riviera deck because they are right under the pool (noise?) and all the cig smoking coming up on balcony. Does anyone have any information regarding these two issues or non issues? I'm paying all that money and want to be able to breath & sleep... I am very sensitive to cig smoke... (let's don't start w/ why am I taking a cruise kind of stuff, please...).

Are Suites on Riviera half covered half open like on Diamond? Husband is very fair and doesn't like sitting in sun, but I do. Caribe deck on Diamond was the perfect alternative.

Thanks!

I called Princess again. This time they denied any obstruction on the balconies of C750/ C751. I guess they don't consider a support beam as an obstruction. They again told me that 748 & 750 balconies are the same size approx 103sq ft.(I guess they count the space the support beam is in as part of the sq ft. They also said again that 748 is bigger then 750. C748 is 524sq ft including balcony, so 524-103=421sq ft inside cabin. C750 495sq ft -103 balcony=392sq ft inside. Could it just be the layout that makes 750 \751 appear larger? I'm really not that obcessed about a few sq ft and would rather have the larger balcony. Princess says its policy is to inform about any obstructed view, so if they don't consider these obstructed and don't tell you ahead of time would you be upset? Especially with the cost of a full suite! I could have had a penthouse suite for $33 more but love that aft view. Just wish the suites were corner afts like HAL.Like the idea one poster had about a room crawl, I've never seen the minisuites and would love a peak. Anyone on Crown aug 10th?

Archived