NCL Website showing "Excuse Us"

Us2inFL

http://164.109.173.73/ExcuseUs/index.htm

When I type in ncl.com, this is what I have been getting for the past three days.

I am using IE7.

I tried it both using IE 7 and IE 6 on different machines on different networks, works fine in both cases.. If you go over to the ride side of the IE7 toolbar and go under tools, and settings, try to delete temporary files and cokkies etc . Then close the browser and reload it and try it that will probably clear it up. if not then you possibly need to check and see how often IE checks for new pages and mess around with that setting. If all else fails, go to google or yahoo or ask and search for ncl when it brings up a link to ncl.com, click on it , once in ncl.com go a few places that should clear out anythin stuck in memory..

If none of the above work, try shutting down your network connection, perhaps your ISP has a caching webserver thats not working s expected, creating a new session might get you past that.

thank you for the suggestion :) - I just tried and I still get the "excuse us" page. I also tried thru Mozilla - I get a very quick page saying something about "if you are reading this . . . flash" then it goes to the "excuse us" page.

:confused:

hmmmm. just logged on to make sure, no problem here. you better scan for a browser hijack - sounds like your computer is the problem

thank you for the suggestion :) - I just tried and I still get the "excuse us" page. I also tried thru Mozilla - I get a very quick page saying something about "if you are reading this . . . flash" then it goes to the "excuse us" page.

From the sound of it, when you tried to log in with Firefox, its sounds as if your flash players may not be updated to the newest versions needed to support the site. Might want to try updating your computer and then try logging in again.

I've been having the problem since last Sunday. I use Mozilla and tried IE7 with the same results. I did find that I can get to some pages on the NCL website from my history file, but it doesn't take long to get me bounced to the EXCUSE ME page. One of them, for instance, is their latest contest page, so since Wed. I was able to enter the contest. I was even able to get their CONTACT page, so buzzed off a few emails asking for help or a referral, but not one single response. After hearing a few others had the same problem, and exhausting a couple of suggestions from others on another thread, I called NCL on Friday, and asked for their Technical Department.

NCL RESPONSE:

I can summarize my discussion by saying they told me they had isolated the issue to a server problem, and would likely have it fixed by Friday afternoon (5/11). So far that has not happened, so I will be calling them Monday afternoon if it is not fixed. They also indicated it was isolated to the Northeast US. I think a few more phone calls wouldn't hurt to let them know how wide the problem is, and maybe where they are happening.

It sure has been annoying, especially since we just booked a cruise and was interested in checking out a few things on their site.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!

After hearing a few others had the same problem, and exhausting a couple of suggestions from others on another thread, I called NCL on Friday, and asked for their Technical Department.

NCL RESPONSE:

I can summarize my discussion by saying they told me they had isolated the issue to a server problem, and would likely have it fixed by Friday afternoon (5/11). So far that has not happened, so I will be calling them Monday afternoon if it is not fixed. They also indicated it was isolated to the Northeast US. I think a few more phone calls wouldn't hurt to let them know how wide the problem is, and maybe where they are happening.

It sure has been annoying, especially since we just booked a cruise and was interested in checking out a few things on their site.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!

Tom, thanks for posting about your call. I am in the northeast as well, and our cruise is fast approaching (although not fast enough). I have been trying to log on to register. And to play the contest, of course. :D

I also updated my flash player, but through IE7, I will update Mozilla as well, but it sounds like that won't solve the problem.

And thank you for the mother's day wishes. :)

Cheryl

Tom, thanks for posting about your call. I am in the northeast as well, and our cruise is fast approaching (although not fast enough). I have been trying to log on to register. And to play the contest, of course. :D

I also updated my flash player, but through IE7, I will update Mozilla as well, but it sounds like that won't solve the problem.

And thank you for the mother's day wishes. :)

Cheryl

Try this link for the contest - different server

http://nclspringforit.com/foto_hunt.html

thanks! That link worked. How do you know all that you know, Shoreguy?:D

Cruise Critic :D

First post on the new contest thread

NCL is running another contest, it was in our local paper this morning -- but it doesn't appear to be working right now.

http://www.springforitncl.com

I think it will be another picture game!

There's something screwy going on. For the past two days, when I've clicked on "Locate Reservations", I get "System Error" and "Itinerary details are missing for this voyage". Makes me a wee bit nervous since we're sailing in a week on the Pearl.

Has anyone successfully pulled up their reservations in the last 48 hours?

(I'm finally grateful for the stresses at work---I'm heading out the door---to keep me from obsessing about this :) )

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Janet

we're sailing in a week on the Pearl.

Janet

Janet,

Check out the rollcall for the Pearl leaving 5/20. Quite a few pages of information. We'd love to have you! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=330020

Mary

PS - I got the same message yesterday while checking our reservation. I hope it's because we are so close to departure. :eek:

From the sound of it, when you tried to log in with Firefox, its sounds as if your flash players may not be updated to the newest versions needed to support the site. Might want to try updating your computer and then try logging in again.

I went back into Mozilla and ran the update, which said I was all up to date as i just downloaded the program the other day). I was able to get to one page before it went to the "excuse me page". Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Cheryl

Hi guys

I am booked on a ncl cruise and I am having the same problem, when i go to http://www.ncl.com it loads the excuse us page. What is the exact page that you guys are being redirected to?

I connect to the internet via AOL broadband, who is everyone else using? and where are you located?

Just went ot the ncl web page were are ok. aol/optinum/broadband

The problem is real, confirmed by NCL, and they feel it is an isolated situated they had hoped to fix by late Friday. Time will tell, and hopefully they will figure it out tomorrow. It may help them to know who is experiencing the problem, and therefore it may be helpful to call their 1-800 #, ask for Tech. Support, and let them take it from there. Worst case is they do not need any more input, and just need the time to get it fixed.

They do have my email address for additional contact, and hopefully they will let me know what it happening. I will not be home until mid afternoon on Monday, and will post any status information I may receive or observe.

Tom, have you had any luck logging on to ncl? I tried when i got home, still getting the excuse me page. I was however, able to log on from work, so the idea that it is a northeast thing doesn't seem to make sense. Also, my internet provider at home is the same as work.

I am able to get a different page logging on through Mozilla, but it all eventually leads to the 'excuse me' page. (and now, I have Steve Martin running through my head!:D )

Archived