Cabin L-105

coiran

Has anyone had cabin L-105 on the Lido deck of the Emerald or Crowne? It seems to be isolated, and adjacent to the Spa and under the Gym facility. Any comments would be appreciated.

Ron

We had L104 on the Caribbean Princess and loved it. Those rooms are at the very front of the ship so there is very little foot traffic, with the exception of the spa on the Crown and Emerald now. WE booked the same room for our upcoming cruise on the Emerald. The only downfall on those room is the fact that they are directly under the gym and you can hear/feel the the treadmill machines early in the morning sometimes. This is not a problem unless you spend the day in your room and are bothered by the sound or vibrations from that. The view from the picture window is great, even though it is a little obstructed. You can walk right out your door and onto the top of the bridge for a great and uncrowded view off the front of the ship. The doors are locked at night so you don't have to worry about people walking by and the windows are tinted enough that people can't see in during the day. It is a bit bumpy up there if you are prone to sea sickness but you are so nice an close to everything on the LIDO deck.

You can see pictures we took of our room by clicking on my cruise picture link below and going to the Caribbean Princess album.

We had L103 on the CB and loved loved loved it. Yes, it is under the treadmills which yes we did hear and then tuned out the thump thump thump.

Great forward view and we could walk out on that little semi private deck, hardly anyone else was every out there, so we went out to watch the sun set at night. Very nice. also to watch pulling out from port.

The best thing was it was 193 sf. I posted the pics of this cabin on a thread somewhere here as well. Its a different layout than L104 apprantly, and a tad larger. (maybe 4 sf) the princess rep said.

Edited to say that the doors were locked at 6 pm when I stayed here. Every night at 6 pm, just about when the sun went down, they locked these doors and unlocked them in the morning.

When the sun was out you cant see in, just when the sun is down. We had these cabins Jan 21 - 28 2007, I think were our dates.

• 3 years later...
We had L104 on the Caribbean Princess and loved it. Those rooms are at the very front of the ship so there is very little foot traffic, with the exception of the spa on the Crown and Emerald now. WE booked the same room for our upcoming cruise on the Emerald. The only downfall on those room is the fact that they are directly under the gym and you can hear/feel the the treadmill machines early in the morning sometimes. This is not a problem unless you spend the day in your room and are bothered by the sound or vibrations from that. The view from the picture window is great, even though it is a little obstructed. You can walk right out your door and onto the top of the bridge for a great and uncrowded view off the front of the ship. The doors are locked at night so you don't have to worry about people walking by and the windows are tinted enough that people can't see in during the day. It is a bit bumpy up there if you are prone to sea sickness but you are so nice an close to everything on the LIDO deck.

You can see pictures we took of our room by clicking on my cruise picture link below and going to the Caribbean Princess album.

Your pictures are great and gave me a better idea of what to expect. Looks like we will be in L101, with the bar across the window but that shouldn't be a big problem. You had a very good pic of the bar/handle that goes across the other windows. If anyone has pics of L101 on the Emerald, I'd love to see them.

• 2 years later...
Your pictures are great and gave me a better idea of what to expect. Looks like we will be in L101, with the bar across the window but that shouldn't be a big problem. You had a very good pic of the bar/handle that goes across the other windows. If anyone has pics of L101 on the Emerald, I'd love to see them.

I know it's been a couple of years since you posted to this thread, but I came across your post when I was looking for information about the L101 cabin on the Caribbean Princess. Did you end up staying in L101? How was the experience? Thanks for any insights!

• 3 years later...

Can't seem to find your pictures of L104. Have they been taken down?