Star CD

Chipster2

Thanks for your quick response. Yours are the first comments I have seen recently about the Star CD. Kinda worried about what that meant!:D

You are welcome. Glad to help. I have a brother who lives in Las Vegas and seems to like it. We have been there one time but plan to return real soon.

Are you going to Mexico or doing a repositioning cruise? We are planning a cruise to Mexico in February 2009. If you are any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bosslady:)

Moved to Vegas about 8 years ago now and except from being away from most of the family it has worked out pretty well. Actually we are doing both cruises this time. We did the Mexico cruise last year and wanted to go back again, we just added the repo to see how we would handle the longer cruise.

What I do know is that they are changing the itinerary after this season. It will no longer be an 8 day cruise but a 7 day cruise and they are cutting Acapulco and Ixtapa. You already know the Star is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew.

Yes, I know the Star has a wonderful crew and beautiful ship that is why we going to sail on her again. Looking to go to Mexico in Feb. of 09. If you have any information like where to stay, park and transporation to/from the pier would be appreciated. Thinking of driving to San Pedro. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Bosslady:)

We live in Vegas and last time did drive and stay in San Pedro one night before the cruise. There are a few properties in the port area thataoffer a park and cruise package. We stayed at what was a Best Western property at the time. Last report is they had cut ties with the Best Western chain. It was nothing special at all but a clean enough place to lay your head for one night. One other that also offers a park and cruise package I have heard mentioned is the Crown Plaza. Both do offer shuttles to and from the pier.

The Doubletree also has a Cruise and Park package and transportation to/from the ship, and it is a wonderful hotel in a beautiful location. I have photos of it in my Webshots album, along with oodles of Star and itinerary photos from our two cruises on her. We did the Mexican Riviera cruise this last February, and the weather couldn't be better at that time of year. Just click the link in my signature for the photos.

Archived