Eagle Beach facilities.

TPEINC1958

Can someone suggest the best place to hangout on Eagle Beach. Bucuti Beach Resort looks like a nice place but I can't find any information about costs or if their facilities are for resort guests only.

We want a nice place to hangout and soak up the sun along with a few adult beverages. Chairs, umbrellas, bar, food, etc.

John

• 5 months later...

Eagle beach has no resorts on it...it is Palm beach that has resorts on the beach from...Eagle beach has resorts across the street for the beach...it is much quieter and the beach is much nicer than Palm beach...Although they are side by side...Eagle beach is more of a Locals thing...We were so disappointed with Palm beach that we walked back to Eagle beasch and salvaged the day.

Bob

Thank you, Arubalisa. I did contact Amsterdam Manor, and here is the email I received:

Dear Patti,

Thank you for your e-mail, indeed you can rent beach chairs/ umbrellas right here at Amsterdam Manor @ $5,- a day. We do have a beach bar and you can order lunch (from Mango's Restaurant) served on the beach.

For restrooms you can use at the front desk.

Best Regards,

Janine Croes

Front Office Supervisor

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

J.E.Irasquin Blvd 252

Aruba

I e-mailed the Amsterdam resort today and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail, hereby I would like to inform you that we do have day pass available the price would be $ 5.00 per person with this you get a chair on the beach and a cabana. You can use the beach bar and settle the bill by cash or credit card. Also would like to inform you that the pool is not included in this package this is only available for our guest. Also would like to inform you that the terminal of the crew ship is about 8 minutes away from us.

Best regards,

Monique Hodge

Reservations dept.

J.E Irasquin Blvd. 252

P.O.Box 1302

Tel #: 297-527-1100 / 1-800-969-2310 "

Fax #: 297-527-1112

E-Mail: reservations@amsterdammanor.aw

Hope this helps. I think it looks likea nice place tospend the day sunning and swimming.

Let us know what it is like if you gothere on your trip.

I e-mailed the Amsterdam resort today and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail, hereby I would like to inform you that we do have day pass available the price would be $ 5.00 per person with this you get a chair on the beach and a cabana. You can use the beach bar and settle the bill by cash or credit card. Also would like to inform you that the pool is not included in this package this is only available for our guest. Also would like to inform you that the terminal of the crew ship is about 8 minutes away from us.

Best regards,

Monique Hodge

Reservations dept.

J.E Irasquin Blvd. 252

P.O.Box 1302

Tel #: 297-527-1100 / 1-800-969-2310 "

Fax #: 297-527-1112

E-Mail: reservations@amsterdammanor.aw

Hope this helps. I think it looks likea nice place tospend the day sunning and swimming.

Let us know what it is like if you gothere on your trip.

Do you think I need to email for a reservation - we are going in May- or do you think we can just show up and get a chair?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin and Lindsey! Our cruise is getting close :)

I emailed the Amsterdam Manor yesterday and the email reply was the same as previous posters. A day pass is $5. When I asked about chair rental she responded that it would be $5. Lunch can be purchased at the beach bar and there are no reservations required...hope that helps!

Sandy

We were on the Adventure of the Seas last week, and absolutely loved our day at Eagle Beach! My husband, 16-year-old son, and I took a taxi from the ship to the beach in the morning ($12 total fare for all 3 of us). We had the driver drop us off in front of the Amsterdam Manor Hotel, then we just walked across the street to the beach.

We paid $5 per person for use of the lounge chairs and "tiki hut" type umbrella. The beach was absolutely gorgeous, and not crowded when we arrived. More people did arrive as the morning wore on, but the beach was never what we would call crowded.

There is a beach bar right there, and you can order drinks and lunch. The food was good.

We rented jet skis -- $55 for one person for 30 minutes, $65 if two people ride the same jet ski.

When we were ready to go back to the ship, we just hopped on the public bus. There was a bus stop right at the beach, and it was 4 stops to downtown, which was the end of the line. From there, it was a very short walk to the ship. The fare was $1.30 per person. Exact change is helpful, because the driver didn't seem to have a lot of change. We just gave him $4 for our $3.90 fare, and didn't worry about the extra dime!

This was our first trip to Aruba, and we hope to visit again someday. This was a perfect, relaxing way to spend our day.

Unless you were there on a Sunday, you should have only paid $9 for the taxi from O'stad to the Amsterdam Manor. :( Unfortunately this has been happening at an increasing rate. For future visitors, please beaware of the fares http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html before you go and agree upon the fare with the driver before you get into the taxi.

Unless you were there on a Sunday, you should have only paid $9 for the taxi from O'stad to the Amsterdam Manor. :( Unfortunately this has been happening at an increasing rate. For future visitors, please beaware of the fares http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html before you go and agree upon the fare with the driver before you get into the taxi.

I don't remember what our taxi driver charged but I think around 10.00 - the problem was he did not drop of off at Amsterdam as we asked we got dropped off farther down the area and we had trouble finding someone to rent chairs from. After finding out it was not the correct hotel we decided to park it instead of walking all the way down to the Amsterdam.

I WAS NOT impressed with the taxi driver :mad:- Eagle Beach is very beautiful though. Our return taxi driver was much better.

Did the Reception at the Amsterdam Manor Hotel call a taxi for you to return to the ship?

Not sure if you directed this to me or not but taxis where moving along the road fairly frequently and we just walked up to the road and hailed one when we where ready to leave!

Someone reported a couple of months ago about bulldozers and equipment like that being on the beach near the AMBR. Probably replenishing the beach sand after a storm. Did you folks that were there recently notice any of that still going on? We'll be there in a couple of weeks!

Someone reported a couple of months ago about bulldozers and equipment like that being on the beach near the AMBR. Probably replenishing the beach sand after a storm. Did you folks that were there recently notice any of that still going on? We'll be there in a couple of weeks!

We didn't notice it so I guess if it is still there it wasn't a big deal.

It is a long beach - if they are still there you can get away from it. I checked my pictures and I see a crane in this picture. This is way down the beach from the Amsterdam though so it shouldn't be a problem.

47b8db08b3127ccec46f39960d4200000046108AYuWrdm1atAe3nwM

• 2 weeks later...

We were at the AMBR on June 20 and there is no construction equipment. What had been there was there to move around sand displaced by large waves the 3rd week in March.

Go in enjoy!

Unless you were there on a Sunday, you should have only paid $9 for the taxi from O'stad to the Amsterdam Manor. Unfortunately this has been happening at an increasing rate. For future visitors, please beaware of the fares http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html before you go and agree upon the fare with the driver before you get into the taxi.

The above information still applies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There!

Just got back from a cruise to Aruba on the Adventure of the Seas. Aruba was our first port. Just thought I would report on the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. In a word....it was FANTASTIC!!! We go to many beaches all over the Caribbean and this ranked right up there with the top beach days we've ever had. I'll start by showing a picture:

AdventureoftheSeasJune-July20082-2.jpg

We took a taxi out there for $9.00. There weren't many people there at all. Someone came by and collected $5.00 per chair and we were set for the day. We camped out right in front of the beach bar, so refreshments were close by. Loved the Amstel Bright.

AdventureoftheSeasJune-July2008053.jpg

The food was a bit pricey, but it was excellent. You could eat at your chair or at the bar.

The sand was powder white, smoothe as silk, and the water was fabulous. No need for water shoes here.

There were jet ski rentals nearby, but there wasn't an abundance of all that stuff which was fine with me. We've been to Palm Beach a number of times and it was just too crowded and too many boats in your face.

I'm so glad we've found this beach. Can't wait to go again. When we were ready to return to the ship all we did was hail a cab right there at the bar. You can also ride the bus back. It stops right there as well.

AdventureoftheSeasJune-July2008062.jpg

Thanks for the review on this beach. It looks wonderful. Did you pay the

resort fee at the hotel desk and then additional $5 for the chair. After reading

the reviews, I think we will be heading here.

No ....actually the hotel is across the street. We never went over there. We sat down in some chairs under a palapa.....we sat right in front of the bar...so we wouldn't have to walk so far! After a while someone walked by and charged us the $5.00 for the chairs. I recommended this to two other couples at our dinner table and they showed up there as well.....and we had a grand time. I really detest crowds on the beach and as you can see....there weren't many people here. It was just perfect. We will definitely be going here again! Hope you have a great time!

Archived