Caribbean Princess-Baja Deck balcony

MERCE4

Does anyone have pictures or information as to the size of the balconies in BD or BE cabins on Baja deck of Caribbean Princess? We just booked B731 and are curious about room.

Also, can we open the door between B731 and B735 balconies?

We usually book mid-ship. How is the motion in the aft section?

Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures or information as to the size of the balconies in BD or BE cabins on Baja deck of Caribbean Princess? We just booked B731 and are curious about room.

Thanks!

I don't have any pictures, but it is a standard sized balcony so any other balcony cabin pictures from that deck would give you a good idea of what it looks like. The Baja deck balconies are not as deep as the ones on the Caribe deck. The Baja deck balconies are completely covered where as the ones on the Caribe deck are half covered and half open and can be viewed from the decks above. The Caribe deck cabins are all BB or BA. I will locate some pictures and post the link when I find them.

The partition between the balconies has a door like opening that can be opened by your room steward.

I always stay in an aft cabin and haven't really had any problems with the motion. The ship is so large that you should be alright in normal sea conditions regardless of where you are on the ship.

following refers to 'side' balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any "Grand" class ship (including Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, Diamond, Emerald etc)....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera decks have the same side balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft.

Dolphin deck balconies (all balcony cabins are actually mini-suites and thus bigger than regular balcony cabins on the interior with sitting area, 2nd TV and bathtub/shower combination instead of the small shower stall found in the regular balcony cabins). The balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and has no ceiling overhang as protection from sun or rain.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

I noticed more motion in my aft cabin (on the Crown) than in other areas of the ship, but it was never that substantial a difference that it was unpleasant -- in fact, I rather liked it. If you're terribly sensitive to motion, then you might want to reconsider, but as drpack said above, under normal sailing conditions, the difference between aft and midships in terms of movement is not that much: if you're paying attention, you'll feel it, but otherwise you might never notice it. Have a great cruise!

Archived