Constellation - Family Ocean view with Veranda

drrich2

Hi:

My wife & I have cruised once; a Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 7 day southern Caribbean cruise that we really loved.

We hope to cruise with a friend of mine in early '08, an 11 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. For our time frame & desired series of ports, this was what our travel agent helped us select. We've booked & paid our deposit. As their are 3 of us, we're down for the Family Ocean View with Veranda, and my online reservation shows we're on the Vista deck.

Judging from this deck plan at Celebrity's site, that puts us at the very rear of the ship. 2 would be rear corners, & 2 would be 'just plain rear.'

Any thoughts on how this impacts the view, proneness to induce sea sickness (my buddy is motion sickness-prone & it's his first cruise), or other opinions?

Richard.

The view is phenomenal, especially if you get a corner. The afts are the only verandas on the whole ship that allow you to see both sides of the ship.

There is slightly more motion to the aft than midship, but I don't think the Caribbean is known for being particularly rough (barring a huge tropical storm or something). At least not compared to some sailings in Alaska or South America or New Zealand... I doubt the aft will make much of a difference with his propensity for seasickness.

F.Y.I., the cabin will only have one bathroom. You are aware of this, right? and your friend will have to go through the room where you and your wife are sleeping in order to get to the bathroom... There will not be much privacy (albeit more than in most single cabin types). If you are interested in more privacy or more space, you might want to look into getting a regular balcony (will be a much smaller balcony than the FV) and an inside across the hall from it. Your friend could have the inside to himself and you and your wife take the balcony cabin, and he could just come over to enjoy the balcony periodically. That way, you have two bathrooms and all the privacy you may need. This configuration, depending on the exact sailing, may come out to about the same total cost as for three people in the FV.

We usually get an aft cabin, and last month had #7202 on Constellation (corner FV aft).

As Drew mentioned...the views are wonderful, and the balcony is very large.

We aren't prone to seasickness, so it's never been an issue for us...but there can be more motion, in this part of the ship.

Karyn

I believe we had 7199 on Constellation. It's a nice cabin with lots of room.

Because their gas turbine engines there is very little motion in the aft, unlike the vibration of a diesel. Your friend shouldn't have a problem with the aft. Have him make sure he gets something like a patch or takes something regardless of where you book if he's prone to motion sickness.

Whats nice about the FV is there is a separator from the bed and the sofa which makes it nice if you are sharing the cabin.

The problem with trying to do two cabins is the single will pay as if it were double occupancy which can bring up the costs, though it's a better idea if it's financially beneficial.

The huge balcony is really awesome. It's not private though, it extends out past the roof of the verandah so people above and on the one side can see in your area. It never bothered us though, the covered part is private enough if your having breakfast in your robe or jammies.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the view!!!

Charlie

Thanks, guys. That's a relief.

Privacy shouldn't be an issue; he already hangs out at our house and we've only got 1 bathroom here.

Please tell me the Constellation has a frozen yogurt machine that can do chocolate and vanilla swirl. Adventure of the Seas did & I dearly loved it.

Like owning a TCBY for a week & a half...

Richard.

Archived