Balcony BA that sleeps 4 photos anyone?

vannagreen

Hi

Im helping my mom and aunt pick rooms and wanted to know what the BA balcony cabins (on caribe deack) looked like (the ones that sleep up to 4 people) .. Does anyone have pics of what they look like with the beds made, and with out the beds made?

Thanks!

the picture on the previous post is an interior quad but the bed configuration will be the same as for the ba balcony, the poster is correct- this is how it will look with beds down. Lower berths must be in twin configuration.

the picture on the previous post is an interior quad but the bed configuration will be the same as for the ba balcony, the poster is correct- this is how it will look with beds down. Lower berths must be in twin configuration.

We (me, 49; DH, 48; DS, 14 and DD, 11) just returned yesterday from the 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Emerald Princess.

We had a balcony quad. The picture (inside quad) is an accurate depiction of how the beds are configured.

Here are a few more specific details about our balcony quad:

* The beds are not against the back wall of the cabin as shown in the picture of the inside quad. Instead, the beds are on the side wall between the bathroom/closet area and the desk/balcony area.

* There was only one nightstand between the beds rather than 2, as shown in the inside quad, leaving only about 15" between the beds for movement. In our cabin, the second nightstand was permanently attached to the desk.

* I needed a helmet when the upper berths were down. For some reason, one of the upper berths was not exactly over the lower berth and I must have knocked myself silly a half dozen times. :(

* We used one ladder for both beds. My 14 year old son is 5'9" and could easily climb down using the ladder attached to the other upper berth. Both ladders attached to the lower portion of the berth between the beds, so there really wasn't any way to use both ladders at the same time!?! :confused:

* It is IMPOSSIBLE to watch television when the upper berths are down. Only one lower berth has any chance of comfortably seeing the screen.

* The cabin steward lowers the upper berths each evening and raises them each morning.

* We requested the cabin steward remove a small circular table and easy chair from our cabin to give us more room.

* While doable, 4 adults in a balcony quad would DEFINITELY be crowded. Luckily, we were on the Caribe deck had a huge balcony we utilized frequently.

* Next time, we'll choose a mini-suite or two inside cabins. While a balcony quad is plenty of room for us on Carnival, we need a little more room on Princess.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We have always cruised on the grand class ships with BA Caribe deck cabins and I can now say that the configuration depends on the ship.

We were surprised by the configuration of the quads on the Grand Princess when we sailed in March. I should have taken pictures but forgot. The length of the bed runs along the length of the room with the bunk being positioned above it. There was no way that the bed could have been made as a queen. There wasn't even a night stand in the room. There were 4 cubby holes with small lights for each of the beds in the wall at the top of the bed. There are no pictures or decoration in the cabin as the bunks come down along the outside walls of the cabin. The alignment of the entire cabin (bathroom, closet, walk through the middle of the cabin and not along the wall) is different as beds are on the outside walls of the cabin.

On the other grand class ships we have been on (Golden, Caribbean, Crown and Sapphire), the length of the bed goes across the width of the room and the bunks come down from the ceiling. This has been the setup whether the cabin is triple or quad. It is a much better configuration and a good use of the space in the cabin.

Hopefully my description makes sense. I know that we will never cruise with a triple or quad cabin again on the Grand Princess. Loved the ship but hated the room.

thanks for the advice...! Its going to be tough to decide between extra space, vs, covered balconies..since we'll be going to alaksa, it will probably be partly raining! But I think that having the bunks come down over the twin beds might be a bit difficult..

thanks for the advice...! Its going to be tough to decide between extra space, vs, covered balconies..since we'll be going to alaksa, it will probably be partly raining! But I think that having the bunks come down over the twin beds might be a bit difficult..

Also depends on if these are young kids or adults. For adults I would personally say no, if they are your young children I would say yes, we did it in an oceanview cabin to Alaska. If they are teens I would say get an interior room even if one parent has to be assigned to each room for booking purposes but definitely get at least 1 balcony for Alaska.

Archived