Anyone else with this problem?

I have just stumbled over another little snag...

Our RCCL status come from our Celebrity status (now is select = platinum) and our next cruise is with X after which we become Elite = Diamond. Iam now trying to book another RCCL cruise for after that one and have just been told that this exchange only happens once and is not uped as you go so basically we will be elite over at X but will remain Platium at RCCL

Did I get it wrong?? I thought you took along what ever status you had at the time of sailing???

Could those of you who sail on both shed some light on this - I have a hunch you folks know better.

Lots of sees but no answers have none of you cruised on both lines and changed status somewhere along the line???

I think this may be a case of customer service not knowing what they are saying, and you might get a different answer from another phone call, however, I checked on the X website and it says the following

Select member benefits

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Platinum Level

Elite Member benefits

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

It doesn't say that your level will climb, it just says you can enroll. If this is the case then now you are elite, you have the opportunity to enroll in C&A at Diamond level. I know it sounds silly, but call and reenroll in C&A and see if that works.:confused:

Lots of sees but no answers have none of you cruised on both lines and changed status somewhere along the line???

Sometime we have to look at the whole question before we can see if we have an answer. Reading the title isn't always enough. So don't feel bad if you see lots of "hits" but no responses. This has happens to me all the time.

...Our RCCL status come from our Celebrity status (now is select = platinum) and our next cruise is with X after which we become Elite = Diamond. Iam now trying to book another RCCL cruise for after that one and have just been told that this exchange only happens once and is not uped as you go so basically we will be elite over at X but will remain Platium at RCCL

Did I get it wrong?? I thought you took along what ever status you had at the time of sailing???

Could those of you who sail on both shed some light on this - I have a hunch you folks know better.

First of all, you are not Elite until after your next cruise with Celebrity, so you can't expect Diamond until you reach that status. That may be part of what confused Cust.Serv. Second, try to explain to the Right People (Someone who cares about you the customer) what you are trying to accomplish.

Did you call the RCI number or the Crown & Anchor number?? C&A does a much better job of taking care of RCI customers.

Here is number for C&A:

(800) 526-9723

I would call them and say, "I am Elite Status with Celebrity, and I want the Diamond benifits I should get with RCI."

Then see what they say. Then explain that by the time you sail on RCI you will be and wanted the assurance that you would receive what you expect.

Hope This Helps.

I have not sailed both lines but from what I've read it seems you sail on the sister ship with the status that you have attained. If that is the case I think in order to sail as diamond you must first be elite. I would call C&A and ask for clarificxation on this point. Good luck and happy cruising!!

I think you just received bad information from a misinformed rep. Once you reach Elite with Celebirty you should be able to claim Diamond bennies with Royal Caribbean.

I have just stumbled over another little snag...

Our RCCL status come from our Celebrity status (now is select = platinum) and our next cruise is with X after which we become Elite = Diamond. Iam now trying to book another RCCL cruise for after that one and have just been told that this exchange only happens once and is not uped as you go so basically we will be elite over at X but will remain Platium at RCCL

If your next cruise is with X then you become Elite then it should show up Diamond with RCI .

If your cruise with RCI is before the cruise

with X then you should be platinum. That's the way I read all of this.

Time will tell!:confused:

Here is a quote from the RC web site under Frequently Asked Questions, Crown and Anchor Society. It looks to me like once you join the Captain's Club the trips will be seperate and you will need another trip with RC to be Diamond.

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club?

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programs, you will automatically be upgraded based on your highest membership level between the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically upgraded to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined.If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club, and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises, call the Loyalty Service Center at 800-526-9723 to enroll in equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

Here is a quote from the RC web site under Frequently Asked Questions, Crown and Anchor Society. It looks to me like once you join the Captain's Club the trips will be seperate and you will need another trip with RC to be Diamond.

The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined.

If I'm reading your question right, I think this is the correct answer. We are Select with Celebrity so were given Platinum on RCCL the first time we sailed with them. Any cruises now taken on RCCL will not count on Celebrity.

No that I understand - by the time the next RCCL cruise comes around we will have completed our 10th & 11th X cruise (remember 14 day cruises count double) which does bring us up to the next level. The question how ever is does this drawing even of the 2 programmes only happen ONCE ???? and once you are in the programme do you then have to earn the cruises on BOTH lines regularly??

I do understand that each line s cruises counts for itsself. But is this drawing even only a one time affair?

I do understand that each line s cruises counts for itsself. But is this drawing even only a one time affair?

It happens only once.

Not quite sure what you mean when you ask if you have to earn cruises on both lines regularly. It doesn't matter if you don't take a cruise for several years, they'll be credited to which ever line you cruised on whatever the time frame.

It is so difficult to explain but here goes another try. We started crusing X and once we became selct we started cruising RCCL too (this mean't we became platinum) Now we have 4 RCCL cruises to our name and with our up coming X cruise we will have 11th there making us Elite. NOW what happens to us over at RCCL?? Will we be uped to Diamond there too (due to the X status) or do we now have to complete the 10th RCCL cruise too to get moved on there???

Ok it is not really a big deal (ok it is worth 40,- Euros additional balcony credit) but I have now gotten myself soo confused that is why I am trying

to find the correct answer - and just about always the CC's know the right answer.

It is so difficult to explain but here goes another try. We started crusing X and once we became selct we started cruising RCCL too (this mean't we became platinum) Now we have 4 RCCL cruises to our name and with our up coming X cruise we will have 11th there making us Elite. NOW what happens to us over at RCCL?? Nothing

Will we be uped to Diamond there too (due to the X status) or do we now have to complete the 10th RCCL cruise too to get moved on there??? Yes

All subsequent cruises are credited ONLY to the line on which they are taken.

YES! You will be upgraded to Diamond if you are enrolled in C&A. I recently went on my first Celebrity cruise I enrolled in Captains Club as Elite because I was Diamond on Royal.

I hope that is what you are asking.:D

YES! You will be upgraded to Diamond if you are enrolled in C&A. I recently went on my first Celebrity cruise I enrolled in Captains Club as Elite because I was Diamond on Royal.

I hope that is what you are asking.:D

Yes, that happens the first time you cruise on the other line. However, it only happens once. The OP was asking about getting to a higher level on one line and if they would be adjusted again and get to the higher level on the other as well.

OKAY.............here is my experience I cruised X for the first time when I was platinum with RCI so I became select on X. Since then I have become diamond with RCI..... Next Feb. I am cruising on Xpediton with X...they are giving me the elite discount. So yes I moved up twice.

My cruise credit count 1 X completed, 1 booked

13 RCI completed, 2 booked

I am diamond on RCI, Elite on X

But you must have 10 cruises on the same cruise line, to get the status.

It is so difficult to explain but here goes another try. We started crusing X and once we became selct we started cruising RCCL too (this mean't we became platinum) Now we have 4 RCCL cruises to our name and with our up coming X cruise we will have 11th there making us Elite. NOW what happens to us over at RCCL?? Will we be uped to Diamond there too (due to the X status) or do we now have to complete the 10th RCCL cruise too to get moved on there???

You will be upped.

The CSR gave you incorrect info.

Archived